Trombone trade

rancidrolla

Anyone want to trade their king 3b or 2b+ for my 6 month old 2b?

Also does anyone have an idea of how to make my 2b sound a bit darker and fuller? If i cant trade it i was thinking of getting a 51d (currently playing on a 12c) would this help me get the sound im looking for, or would it be too uncharacteristic? Thanx

Where you located? If you want big and dark I have a 5B.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2Bs aren't supposed to sound dark....its not what they were built for. That's what 3Bs are for

• 1 year later...

If the bell is silver plate, and you don't care about the shiny look ... buff off the silver...the raw brass will be far darker.

You might also look at the Denis Wick heritage series mouth pieces.

• 2 months later...

I tried my 51B on my 3B...it felt like the horn was going to crack. It didn't. I use a 6 1/2 AL that I've used since the mid seventies on the urging of my trombone teacher at the time, Bernie Schneider of the St. Louis Symphony. To me, that is the perfect mouthpiece for a 3B and probably a 2B. I don't think either of those horns are meant to be dark. Seeing how many lead trombone players in big bands used 2B's, they were made for the jazzer than the legit player who would have a need to play dark.

Side note--I tried playing my green pBone with my 51B. Not recommended!

Edited by FrankBeMe