Columbians Drum & Bugle Corps 2013

NEW NEWS: Name change- see the post below. New Facebook page and soon to be a new web page. Otherwise, read on:

Since this brand-new corps seems to have garnered very little attention here on DCP, I thought I would post some news on their behalf. All of the following is taken from The Ascent Drum Corps Facebook page: For new updates visit Columbians D&BC Facebook Page

8 Nov: "Ladies and Gentleman,

The Ascent is proud to announce our first W.O.W. (Walk on Weekend) is scheduled for November 24th at Hanford High School in Richland, WA.

The W.O.W. will be from 9am to 9pm and is open to all interested members and parents for the corps.

Visit the website at: http://www.theascent...rps.org/wow.asp "

14 Nov: "Prospective Membership forms are posted on the website. Please fill out forms and have them ready for the W.O.W. set for the 24th of November. Get ready for drum corps to return to the Tri-Cities! More and more prospective students are contacting us every single day!!!

www.theascentdrumcorps.org "

14 Nov: "Design Team for the 2012-2013 Ascent Drum Corps just announced! Visit the website right away for details at:

www.theascentdrumcorps.org "

We are thrilled to announce our design team with Russ Newbury creating our Brass and Visual package, Chris Newbury will design our Percussion program and Anna Newbury will design our Color Guard program. Director Dan Perry stated "We have assembled such a talented team to put together an amazing show for our membership."

Stay tuned for Caption Head announcements and Instructional Staff in the coming days! It's not too late to sign up! Visit the website right away! Stay tuned for Caption Head announcements and Instructional Staff in the coming days! It's not too late to sign up! Visit the website right away!

ANOTHER UPDATE: Columbians announces caption heads (from http://www.theascentdrumcorps.org/ )

20 Nov: "We feel we have found an extremely talented team of Caption Heads to lead our membership during our first season," stated Dan Perry, the Director of the corps.

We have found a talented educator in Kevin Swisher to run our brass section for this coming year. He brings with him several years of success as band director of Hanford High School. "We are jumping through the roof to be working with Kevin" said Shawn C. Anderson, Assistant Director.

Also serving on our musical staff as Co-Percussion Caption Heads will be Chris Newbury and Shawn C. Anderson. Shawn said "I am so ready to work with Chris and the rest of the Caption Heads. These educators will help shape the future of the organization." Chris currently teaches Hanford HS and is excited for this opportunity to write and teach the Drum Corps.

Leading our Visual Caption is an extremely talented educator in Dillon Miller. "Dillon is a key addition to our educational staff. We can't wait to see how he develops our visual program this season" said Dan Perry.

Anchoring our visual program will be Anna Newbury leading our Colorguard! She adds years of marching and teaching experience and is absolutely excited to develop a "world class" guard program.

"This team has worked together in the past and put together many outstanding programs and we can't wait to watch them get this corps off the ground. We are being set up for success right out of the gate!" said Shawn C. Anderson.

Section staffs and bios will be posted soon."

Edited by laser.lemon
  • Like 2

UPDATE: The Ascent is changing its name to the Columbians to reflect the corps that existed in the Tri-Cities area in the 60's. From The Ascent's Facebook page:

"Hello friends....we are going through a rebranding and name change if you haven't heard already. In the move to the Tri-Cities, we have changed our name to Columbians Drum Corps. We have a new FB page that we will start updating. We will monitor this page for a little while, but we hope you start to use the new page moving forward. We have a great new logo and you can start to see how our rebranding will mold the corps......(Thanks Derek)!

Columbians Drum Corps"

New Facebook page can be found here:

https://www.facebook...426810844051290

ANOTHER UPDATE: Columbians have a new Twitter account you can follow:

21 Nov: "Friends, we have a new twitter account along with our name change to Columbians Drum Corps! @ColumbiansCorps #drumcorps"

New website is supposed to be up and running soon- my understanding is, hopefully before the WOW (Walk On Weekend) this weekend.

I, for one, am very excited for this news from what is now my hometown corps thumbup.gif530954_428633817202326_1018806020_n.jpg

Edited by contraBand

oooo nice logo!

• Like 1

EDIT: Fixed, thanks

Edited by contraBand

I wanted to update our Drum Corps family on The Columbians progress. We had our first practice on saturday at Hanford High School in The tri cities of Washington. We had 76 perspective members attend, from 12 local schools. We are so excited about the camp.The future is looking good. in a time when more and more corps are folding, we will offer afordle Drum Corps to the tri cities.

We are Columbians!!!!!!

• Like 3

I wanted to update our Drum Corps family on The Columbians progress. We had our first practice on saturday at Hanford High School in The tri cities of Washington. We had 76 perspective members attend, from 12 local schools. We are so excited about the camp.The future is looking good. in a time when more and more corps are folding, we will offer afordle Drum Corps to the tri cities.

We are Columbians!!!!!!

Congrats on such a successful recruiting drive. I hope your season progresses with much success.

We are Columbians!!!!!!

Great news! Thanks for sharing! Drum corps can, and will survive - and grow - with examples such as this.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

UPDATE: Columbians website is officially up and running. From the Columbians Facebook page:

29 Nov: "The new website is now live!

www.columbiansdrumcorps.org

Over the next few days, improvements will be made to add even more functionality and features. Stay tuned and we'll let you know what's next!"

Edited by contraBand

• 4 months later...