Santa Clara Vanguard 2013

:lookaround:/>/>/>/>/> Now can someone EXPLAIN why I found this so GREAT? WOW was I impressed and pleased!!!

It was very good, but did anyone hear any non-brass instruments? (Besides the pit, percussion, and the vocals wiseguys.)

Edited by Ghost

It was very good, but did anyone hear any non-brass instruments? (Besides the pit, percussion, and the vocals wiseguys.)

Occasionally saxes, because their sound quality sticks out in any ensemble. But yeah, the rest of the woodwinds are usually lost at full volume with RCC. It was the same way this year at the BOA Glendora Regional. But RCC is basically "Blue Devils Marching Band" and their arranging/instructing style is more in line with DCI than BOA or other band organizations.

Looking forward to it. Boston's version was... meh.

"We didn't feel there was enough material in Les Miz to support a full show." --Jay Kennedy, Boston Crusaders, 2011. DCI Hall-of-Famer or no, what a jackass statement. Couldn't believe when he said it on the QF Theater broadcast.

I forgot about that...I remember snarfing my drink

• 2 months later...

I feel bad for bumping this but I had a question?

Are they using the new touring Show Production Arrangement, or recent Movie arrangements (The Movie version are better versions I think)

Does anyone really know or have they not said?

I forgot about that...I remember snarfing my drink

Note what craiga said: that show was not a Les Mis show, it was a show about revolution. Kennedy wanted more material to produce a revolution show. Sounds reasonable to me.

• Like 1

Note what craiga said: that show was not a Les Mis show, it was a show about revolution. Kennedy wanted more material to produce a revolution show. Sounds reasonable to me.

I realize that. the delivery was what made me snarf my drink

I feel bad for bumping this but I had a question?

Are they using the new touring Show Production Arrangement, or recent Movie arrangements (The Movie version are better versions I think)

Does anyone really know or have they not said?

They're going to be using the JD Shaw arrangements :tongue:

In all honesty though, I have a feeling they'll probably take bits and pieces from both, if they're going to do it right. There are good and not so good parts to all of the versions, so they'll probably pick and choose what works best.

• 2 months later...