Metropolitan Regional Championships

Ray Priester

OK, folks, next up is the 2013 Metropolitan Regional Championships I&E, co-hosted by the BHOF and the Skyliners Alumni.

The place - Hasbrouck Heights VFW #4591, 513 Veteran's Place, Hasbrouck Hts, NJ ( just off Rt 17 South )

The date -Saturday, February 23

Doors open at 12 noon and the show starts at 1 PM.

Plenty of room for more entries. Contact the BHOF on their website for entry forms and information.

Bar and kitchen will be open all day.

Good friends, good competition, good times for all. It has always been a GREAT afternoon for ALL drum corps folks. Come on down and share your war stories, have a beverage or three and just generally have a fun, relaxing day with old friends.

Exhibition by the Skyliners Alumni.

Hope to see you there.

Ray

OK, folks, next up is the 2013 Metropolitan Regional Championships I&E, co-hosted by the BHOF and the Skyliners Alumni.

The place - Hasbrouck Heights VFW #4591, 513 Veteran's Place, Hasbrouck Hts, NJ ( just off Rt 17 South )

The date -Saturday, February 23

Doors open at 12 noon and the show starts at 1 PM.

Plenty of room for more entries. Contact the BHOF on their website for entry forms and information.

Bar and kitchen will be open all day.

Good friends, good competition, good times for all. It has always been a GREAT afternoon for ALL drum corps folks. Come on down and share your war stories, have a beverage or three and just generally have a fun, relaxing day with old friends.

Exhibition by the Skyliners Alumni.

Hope to see you there.

Ray

Ah yes ... my first MC gig of the year ... never fails to be a wonderful gathering of the drum corps fraternity ... and for those not familiar with the history of I&E shows of the 60's, the Metropolitan Championship show was a staple of the I&E circuit back then ... the show would run fron 2:00 in tha afternoon to 4:00 in the morning, featuring players from BS, St. Pat's, Woodsiders, Blue Rock (including Larry Kershner), CT Hurricanes and their revered drum quartet, St. Kevin's (and their revered horn quartet), Bpt. PAL, St. Raphael's, CT Royal Lancers, SI T-birds and Lawmen, St. Joe's Patron, Skyliners, Riversiders, CW Townsmen, OLPH, Bronx Kingsmen, Oceanside Legionnaires, Beth Paige Colonials, Sunrisers, Vasella, Archie, Ballentine, and many, many more ... come out and relive the past ... come out and just have a good time with all that attend ...

Andy "will MC for :beer: " Lisko

trust me ... the longer the show goes ... the more interesting the annoucing gets ...

Ah yes ... my first MC gig of the year ... never fails to be a wonderful gathering of the drum corps fraternity ... and for those not familiar with the history of I&E shows of the 60's, the Metropolitan Championship show was a staple of the I&E circuit back then ... the show would run fron 2:00 in tha afternoon to 4:00 in the morning, featuring players from BS, St. Pat's, Woodsiders, Blue Rock (including Larry Kershner), CT Hurricanes and their revered drum quartet, St. Kevin's (and their revered horn quartet), Bpt. PAL, St. Raphael's, CT Royal Lancers, SI T-birds and Lawmen, St. Joe's Patron, Skyliners, Riversiders, CW Townsmen, OLPH, Bronx Kingsmen, Oceanside Legionnaires, Beth Paige Colonials, Sunrisers, Vasella, Archie, Ballentine, and many, many more ... come out and relive the past ... come out and just have a good time with all that attend ...

Andy "will MC for :beer:/> " Lisko

trust me ... the longer the show goes ... the more interesting the annoucing gets ...

We even had a group of Kilties come in to Staten Island for the show one year. All of the Braintree corps' sent representatives to the contest too. For a couple of years, it was THE I&E to attend. One year, the last competitor went on at 5:30 AM! And no complaints from the neighbors, IIRC. Good times indeed.

Only one week to go. Have you sent in your entry form yet????

Looking forward to seeing lots of competitors next Saturday.

... and dem uddder people who sit in the seats and je ... er ... cheer on the contestants ... everyone in one big room ... judges ... players ... fans ... food ... refreshments ... et al ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 1