What was the best crowd response your corps got and where?

Under the Saturday Night Lights, Finals Night '97.

The last show. just a fraction of a moment to express a great volume of emotion and shared experience. The goal is to peak at finals and give everything away to the audience. I did. The corps did. The audience felt it. I could explain more in 10 minutes of music than a compendium of anecdotes.* Eric Hand and Matt Carroll are featured both gave historic solos. There is a point where only the show can tell you what I can't put into words. There facts and stories and legends.... fortunately there is a recording. DCI and PBS always do a great job with that.

Reliable Rondo hosts.

Garfield's "Celebration: The Music of Philip Spark" is outstanding.

The Blue Devils were phenomenal as always. Brian Kettlehut is a good friend; he introduced me to drum corps, he's featured as an upper-lead/soloist. ...and Sean Billings ... pastes a doubleC.

Mike Boo gave a thoughtful and kind review as well----

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=a1f8ce72-6eed-471a-bd02-01e1971ef6c0

*I really liked Crossmen's rendition of Birdland and they closed with the Don Ellis Classic "Niner-Two"-I'm a huge fan of that show.

I just watched the attached video, and had to chuckle. Is it just me, or did the drill set (even though in passing) at the :30 mark resemble the slanted, almost italicized "B" as found in the Blue Devils logo? As I said, it did make me chuckle.

Edited by HornTeacher

• 11 months later...

Reading, PA show we got a standing O even though we had an off day, Home show crowd gave us a huge applause even though the show was delayed 2 hours, a torrential downpour, a tornado the county over and drizzle while we performed. That weekend was one of my fondest memories of this summer, right up there with Finals weekend. Surprisingly we didn't get as much applause at DCA Prelims/Finals, and because I am in the front ensemble I found myself performing for scowling faces and shaking heads..and some people even laughing as if they were making fun of my corps... The rest of that weekend was amazing, however.

204555795_260968307b_z.jpg August, 1972. Best D&B night. Ever.

:ninja:

Best show I've ever been a part of. Still hated to be the guys who followed SCV on that night.. :worthy:

Pat