Why Drum Corps is betther than marching band

I recall back in the 70's 80's many of the HS Marching Bands were going "Corps Style" with musical arrangements better drum lines uniforms and even quasi names of Corps ie "Spirit of"

.I guess the old saying" Imitation is the best form of flattery" rings true here.

• 1 year later...

Cant answer the query as there's no difference between the two activities.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the biggest difference is that--at least in my high school--marching band wasn't a choice. If you wanted to be in the advanced ensemble, you also had to march. So there were plenty who were just going through the motions.

With drum corps, everyone wants to be there. It's great to be in a group who all want the same thing.

I think the biggest difference is that--at least in my high school--marching band wasn't a choice. If you wanted to be in the advanced ensemble, you also had to march. So there were plenty who were just going through the motions.

With drum corps, everyone wants to be there. It's great to be in a group who all want the same thing.

Here in NJ most of the competitive MB programs have long gone to the volunteer route. The two HSs in my town are, for sure.