Scores in 1974

Y'all shoulda jumped off the bus, kicked his ###, and taken the trophy back...like the good old days.

:tongue:/>/>

Garry in Vegas

You can bet your *ss we wanted to, but the adults pushed us onto the buses and hustled us out of town, lol!

Fred O.

Y'all shoulda jumped off the bus, kicked his ###, and taken the trophy back...like the good old days.

:tongue:/>/>

Garry in Vegas

Boston would have since there were not enough adults in the 60's early 70's to stop the corps. The members disciplined themselves for the most part.

Edited by Ghost

• 1 year later...

DCI Championship Ithaca, NY
Prelims August 16th
Open class had 57 corps, top score 87.75, lowest 22.80

A nearly 65-point spread from 1st to last................YIKES!!!

My corps was 47-pointed by the Blue Devils in 1982, but I can imagine what getting 65-pointed must've felt like!!

Again, I say.....YIKES!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Standrews, In 1971 we were still doing the short routine for prelims pre DCI...by 1974 Every Prelim show I competed in was a full show.

I don't recall that the "short" shows were done in 1974. I clearly remember that our corps did full shows at Marion and Butler. I remember cutting show down in 1972 at Marion but not 73 on up.

The first show I ever marched was at the World Open in 1977, and they were still doing the Short Show for prelims. I remember this, not only because it was my first-ever field show, but also because my corps had not yet learned the concert. Thank god we weren't good enough to make finals, because we would've gotten about a 10-point undertime penalty! The next time I was at the World Open was in 1981, and by then, they had abandoned the Short Show.

Still a fun memory to discuss with today's youth. You talk about inspections, short shows & concert numbers, and they look at you like you have lobsters coming out of your ears!!

1974... my junior corps... Sacred Heart Crusaders of Manville, NJ, came in dead last at U.S. Open prelims. With something like a 40 for a score.

So we had that going for us. :tongue:

• Like 1