Maybe something altogether new can come out of the region. It would take some serious work and infrastructure.

There were more than just those 3 corps, even the Greece Cadets and Mighty Liberators on the Junior end of things. A lot of corps in one area like that.

i doubt that's gonna happen. it's pretty much a dead horse there now. to bad. it used to be a hot bed of drum corps.

• Like 1

Why did DCA decide to go back up to Rochester ? and how long of a contract did they go for .I for one never liked Rocha other than the staduim .But there gonna kill it up there people are tried of the trip up.And now with no local corps in the area it surely makes no sence .

• Like 1

i doubt that's gonna happen. it's pretty much a dead horse there now. to bad. it used to be a hot bed of drum corps.

I dunno Don ... St. Joe's has a pretty good Alumni Corps going up there ... been operating since the mid-90's and still going strong ... I remember hearing that the Grey Knights and Hamburg Kingsmen were also trying to form alumni's ... maybe someone could comment any any progress with them ...

:-)

I dunno Don ... St. Joe's has a pretty good Alumni Corps going up there ... been operating since the mid-90's and still going strong ... I remember hearing that the Grey Knights and Hamburg Kingsmen were also trying to form alumni's ... maybe someone could comment any any progress with them ...

as far as roch is concerned empire MIGHT. form an alumni corps. grey knights i've heard nothing. hamburg gets together all the time. but i doubt they will form an alumni. just my source. st joes is here to stay. just no real interest anymore

Edited by donincardona
  • Like 1

as far as roch is concerned empire MIGHT. form an alumni corps. grey knights i've heard nothing. hamburg gets together all the time. but i doubt they will form an alumni. just my source. st joes is here to stay. just no real interest anymore

Sorry ... wrong Grey Knights ... this group is from Johnsonburg ... check them out at Grey Knights ... looks like they were the Yellow Jackets in the 50's and 60's ... Joe Chizek used to march with them ...

Edited by ajlisko

With Empire closing up shop in Rochester could this leave the door open for the return of Cru or upstarts Pheonix?? huh anyone :dancin:/>

If someone wants to start a corps in Rochester their smartest move would be to start completely fresh with a new corps, new name and new identity. Trying to resurect an old corps is like trying to walk through a minefield blindfolded. Too many old wounds, bad blood and grudges. All you have to do is read some the post here on DCP and the now defunct RAMD to see how many individuals are still carrying on with personal vendettas that go back decades.

• Like 1

Sorry ... wrong Grey Knights ... this group is from Johnsonburg ... check them out at Grey Knights ... looks like they were the Yellow Jackets in the 50's and 60's ... Joe Chizek used to march with them ...

sorry andy. i thought we were talking about rochester corps. the old grey knights.

• Like 1

If someone wants to start a corps in Rochester their smartest move would be to start completely fresh with a new corps, new name and new identity. Trying to resurect an old corps is like trying to walk through a minefield blindfolded. Too many old wounds, bad blood and grudges. All you have to do is read some the post here on DCP and the now defunct RAMD to see how many individuals are still carrying on with personal vendettas that go back decades.

well they couldn't use the crusader name. they wen't bankrupt and the court killed the name. i just really don't think there is a stomach for anything in rochester anymore. st. joes is consuming the alumni corps, although maybe, and i say a big maybe, empire might do an alumni corps. i just don't have a vision for it. but hey what do i know. i'm in florida. i just go by my contacts in rochester. and yes in rochester there are many vendetta's.

• Like 1

How healthy is the Rochester area anymore? Don't know much about there except Kodak was a big employer. If the area ain't healthy it just makes things harder....

How healthy is the Rochester area anymore? Don't know much about there except Kodak was a big employer. If the area ain't healthy it just makes things harder....

the area sucks. there are no jobs. kodak is all but gone. xerox is all but gone. gm is all but gone. it was a manufacturing city and now it doesn't really have any. it may change like buffalo into service jobs but they will be low paying. so that's the picture there. i left 25 years ago and it was bad then. this has been a slow decline but the recession just accelerated it. kodak park is a big parking lot now and nobody parks there.....LOL.

• Like 1