What's next in the evolution of DCI? Make your predictions here.

Woodwinds? How about video over the trons to incorporate into your message? Pyrotecnics? Strings? All micd brass for amplification?

Anything but woodwinds. I hate the sound of woodwinds on a marching field.

Oddly enough I like it quite a lot in wind ensembles and orchestras. Just doesn't match up with marching music for me, which is actually pretty ironic.

Anything but woodwinds. I hate the sound of woodwinds on a marching field.

Oddly enough I like it quite a lot in wind ensembles and orchestras. Just doesn't match up with marching music for me, which is actually pretty ironic.

You hear woodwinds on a marching field?

• Like 8

I hope that Carolina Crown type uniforms are not a trend. Thing is, everyone is going to start copying them and it won't be long until they are in the FJM catalogue.

I was intrigued at the beginning of the season, but the more I saw the uniform, the less I was intrigued.

Well, that kind of goes for anything one sees multiple times...One loses the sense of intrigue as one gets more comfortable with something.

If anyone involved with drum corps allows woodwinds I'm done this crap has gone far enough. When woodwinds are introduced its no longer drum corps its band.

• Like 2

If anyone involved with drum corps allows woodwinds I'm done this crap has gone far enough. When woodwinds are introduced its no longer drum corps its band.

you missed the boat on this ...many think its been band for a long time...some think its always been...oh well different perspectives I suppose....but also different meaning for the words Drum Corps or drum And Bugle corps :smile:

Well it's already band...has been for years. ...but with no woodwinds. So if they added woodwinds, then it would just be regular plain old band. I don't think we'll see it.

LED lighting effects will be the next big thing. They're in WGI, colleges and high schools already. I think a corps will be electrified before next year. I'm surprised BD or Crown haven't already tried to do this yet. It's also something I could see Cavies doing.

You don't need to turn off stadium lights for the effect to work. It's quite remarkable with the lights on.

I doubt we'll ever see woodwinds. They are too cost-prohibitive and high-maintenance to make it through a full summer of extensive touring and the rigors of rehearsal.

Corps ditching traditional military style uniforms completely and going for show themed costumes for the entire corps.