Ad Placement

When viewing the topic lists in every forum, there is a huge ad after the first thread. Is this something in my browser? If not is there any way to get them either to the top or bottom of the list? I have found myself missing threads because of the placement of the ad. Maybe just something to get used to...

I tried to find the thread from a year ago when we discussed this the last time we had an update so I could quote accurately - but the ad placement is the same as in the previous board format. it is really nothing new, and is not something we can or would change if we could.

and don't forget, they pay the bills!

Don't get me wrong, I understand the purpose of the ads and don't have any problem with that. The fact that they are appearing in the middle of the topic list is what I don't understand. Unless it is something wrong with my browser, that is not where they were in the previous version. They were at the top of the list.

Here is a screenshot of the old version

dcpold.png

...and the current one

dcpnew.png

Am I the only one seeing it this way? It is between pinned topics.

Again, no issue with ads. I understand that and have never had a problem with them. Can't we just get the thing out of the topic list?

The version of the system we're using provides an option for placing the banner "after first topic" on the topic list and "after first post" in a thread - which is where we have them placed. No such option exists for "before the first topic / post" - without customizing the 'skin', which we've decided against doing for reasons explained in another thread.

While I acknowledge this may not be the optimal location for the banner - it is often within 'pinned' topics that are pretty static.

Thank you for your understanding.

-john