Madison Scouts 2014 -- Playing the Music of Stan Kenton and Don Ellis

It's often my goal to sound ridiculous - kind of like the kids who defend the artsy fartsy current version of DCI drum corps at all costs. It makes it easier for them to understand. Plus this is only DCP - I couldn't care less what anyone thinks. It's a discussion board about fancy pants bands now.

What was it before?

, I too was somehat disapointed with what I saw last night,................

You sound like my ex wife

, I too was somehat disapointed with what I saw last night,................

You sound like my ex wife

yo Other Mike,....long time no connect!

seriously tho,.............seems to me the last several year the Scouts have re-tooled the week between SA Texas and Atlanta,.......only to see their scores stall instead of improve,...............As a Scouts fan since 75 when I sat on the RCA championship field here in Erie with Alf and Fran Wateska where Alf was recording the show,............My alligience has never wavered,...........I just don't get the reason for the heavy duty tweaking in the more recent years,............

93 Star seemed just fine with 7 snares.

Seriously, tho'... seems to me the last several years the Scouts have re-tooled the week between S.A. Texas and Atlanta, only to see their scores stall instead of improve.

The difference this year is that they've been re-tooling all year long. The first big changes apparently happened around July 1, when they cut most of the original opener and began shifting to the soft ending.

That said, their score actually climbed 3.5 pts. between San Antonio and Atlanta. And then 2.2 pts. more in the next three days.

You are aware Blue Stars were at that show, right?

And? Zipping in and out of a field littered with unnecessary props is not high speed drill.

Interesting that those hating on the Scouts as of late have nothing to say as the corps has improved in the score department.

Let me guess, those hating on the corps think it's a fluke because thus corps wasn't there, or maybe there wasn't a guard judge, or they only had 7 snares, or blah blah blah.

Interesting that those hating on the Scouts as of late have nothing to say as the corps has improved in the score department.

Let me guess, those hating on the corps think it's a fluke because thus corps wasn't there, or maybe there wasn't a guard judge, or they only had 7 snares, or blah blah blah.

It was definitely interesting to see them so close to Boston last night. Makes it impossible to figure how this weekend will turn out.