Brigs Music Question

A number of years ago I tried to ask but caught hell because of the YouTube policy. That has since changed so I thought I would try again. In this video, can someone tell me the song and year of the piece playing around the 3:45 mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMuL-3o1dQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edited by Skylinersop16

Think that's the opener from '99 which is Channel One Suite... could be entirely wrong though.

A number of years ago I tried to ask but caught hell because of the YouTube policy. That has since changed so I thought I would try again. In this video, can someone tell me the song and year of the piece playing around the 3:45 mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMuL-3o1dQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's "Concerto For Guitar & Jazz Orchestra" by Paul Hart. The Madison Scouts played it for an opener in 1988. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMDYU7PagrA

Definitely not Channel One Suite. I looked at the Madison video and it just doesn't sound right...Maybe just totally different arrangements but Corpsreps lists them as the only one ever playing that.

I must say, even though I've seen this collage before... I am humbled to be in so many pictures that whoever put this together deemed as important to the history of the corps and to be one of the few chosen to be pictured alone... (with the likes of Gebby and Mercurio... just WOW) and then to see my daughter with the new brigs many years later... amazing memories of a great time...

Thank you Syracuse...

oh and points to Moe Knox who took that picture of me at Legion 67 in Fenway Park and it appeared on the cover of Drum Corps News...

• Like 1

oh and I'm no expert on the new Brigs stuff but it's not Channel One... that leaves the Concerto which makes sense...

of course Shangri La and You'll Never Walk Alone were the others... both from the 50's... so all you old timers out there... since I don't know exactly what year that's from... who are the soloists in the old pieces? Mickey Masterpole? Arnold Zampi? Corky Fabrizio?

Finally the question is answered. The name of the tune is Remembrance by Paul Hart. It was played by Madison in 1990 and 1998 and by their alumni in 2006.

That pretty much confirmed my suspicion that it wasn't Syracuse in the recording.

We can close this topic now.