The Cadets - 2014

I watched the show on FN again

You know when they could add some drill magic? During the drum solo in Kennedy when the corps is currently in the block with the guard doing their "movement" which consists mostly of waving the horn around and squatting - none of which is particularly magical

A cool opportunity with some great tempo to work some drill in instead of the "movement" - IMO

Like maybe the guard doing some work and the horn line weaving out of the block...could be particularly dangerous with all those flags, but I'm sure Cadets could pull it off.

Like maybe the guard doing some work and the horn line weaving out of the block...could be particularly dangerous with all those flags, but I'm sure Cadets could pull it off.

something - from the end of the ballad to the end of the drum solo - actually quite a bit of time to pull off a major upgrade AND you get to do with the brass not playing

they could teach it and clean it quickly given it is not a playing section - turn that 30 seconds into a huge wow, right now I hate what they are doing - a little cringe worthy

• Like 1

How is it exactly that there is twice as much discussion about Cadets than BD?

Because everyone is passing BD's scores off as inflation, I'm assuming.

something - from the end of the ballad to the end of the drum solo - actually quite a bit of time to pull off a major upgrade AND you get to do with the brass not playing

they could teach it and clean it quickly given it is not a playing section - turn that 30 seconds into a huge wow, right now I hate what they are doing - a little cringe worthy

Following the company front end of App Spring, would like the Cadets to build to the top of the emotional mountain to end the show, perhaps by removing most of the pastiche of presidential quotes and getting the corps brass and percussion closer to the front to really deliver a killer ending with an exclamation point...I think it can be done...they have the design and player talent to learn something fresh at that point.

I was thinking the same thing....although BD is a freakin beast this year and hopefully, in true Cadets fashion, Cadets will overtake them. But obviously we know Cadets will have to kill it.

BD is going to be tough to overcome based on those numbers last night unless the panels were just scoring very differently as far as numbers management or BD is going to peak early which I don't think has ever happened since the dawn of time.

Because everyone is passing BD's scores off as inflation, I'm assuming.

I wouldn't but that is a very high score for several weeks before finals. I think that gets pulled back a bit. At the Broken Arrow show last night Crown got an 89 so I think numbers assignment were very different between the 2 shows.

I agree - they really need to add some drill that's more demanding and less "cringe worthy" body movement as you put it.

I very rarely see any body movement that generates a "Wow!" moment. Usually I think people see it as filler, or substitute for some drill that's actually difficult.

What could the corps try to communicate in that section? Yes, it must be impressive, but it must serve the theme too.

I agree - they really need to add some drill that's more demanding and less "cringe worthy" body movement as you put it.

I very rarely see any body movement that generates a "Wow!" moment. Usually I think people see it as filler, or substitute for some drill that's actually difficult.

What could the corps try to communicate in that section? Yes, it must be impressive, but it must serve the theme too.

Cavies 2010 drum break and Cavies 2012 closer seemed to generate quite a bit of wow.