Carolina Crown 2014

2014 Production: Out of This World

Music Selections:

Space Oddity, Interstellar Suite, Shadow Behind the Iron Sun, There's No Place Like Home, Major Tom, Perihelion, and Vitae Aeternum

10300766_10152411037842641_2146861098243

Edited by crownisking

And could there be more singing in this year's show? I dunno. Maybe. Maybe not. Guess we'll just have to wait until June 18 to know for sure.

When do they announce the show?

I can't wait! I'm excited cause they will be starting off the year performing in Rockford near me! WOOHOO!

When do they announce the show?

"Soon" is all they'll say. Probably around late May to early June like they have the last few years.

Hah! Love the non-spoiler spoilers. :)

Mike

Haha, I have to chose my words carefully because they've been known to yanks parts from the show before it ever makes it to the field. This is especially true with the singing part. I'd hate (but kind of enjoy) to get everyone all fired up about it and then they not even use it. 2011's show was supposed to have live singing, but you'd only know that if you attended one of their camps or one of the early days of spring training.

I went to last month's camp, and needless to say I was blown away by what I heard. I think this year's show will be...out of this world? Maybe...but then again, I was pretty sure I knew last year's show this time a year ago and I ended up being way off. Either way, this year's brass book will definitely not disappoint. This year's music sounds...I don't want to say darker...more intense than last year's.

I noticed this subtle change to Crown's website the other day. Could this be a clue as to what this year's uniforms will look like? I think it is, but you be the judge.

crown_zps77af362c.jpg

For those of us who miss subtlety, can you be more explicit as to what you're speculating on as far as uniforms? I see a picture of shirtless drummers in rehearsal, and while I think that would indeed be a very interesting uniform choice, I doubt that would be their uniform. What specifically ware you talking about?

• Like 1

I went to last month's camp, and needless to say I was blown away by what I heard. I think this year's show will be...out of this world? Maybe...but then again, I was pretty sure I knew last year's show this time a year ago and I ended up being way off. Either way, this year's brass book will definitely not disappoint. This year's music sounds...I don't want to say darker...more intense than last year's.

I noticed this subtle change to Crown's website the other day. Could this be a clue as to what this year's uniforms will look like? I think it is, but you be the judge.

crown_zps77af362c.jpg

I see what looks like a picnic table with people around it smiling at the camera. They look older than the average corps member.

In addition, in the photo is a roll of paper towel. At first I thought the red colored thing next to the paper towel might be a squeeze bottle of ketchup, but then again it looks like a tall glass. I am lead to believe it must be a fruity drink due to the smile on the person at the right of the photo. I'm sure it's because the fruity drink has not spilled and as a result, they have not had to use the paper towel. Saving paper towel is important.

As a result, I think that this photo clearly shows that their 2014 show is about saving the environment. The less paper towel one needs to use, the less trees need to be cut down to make paper towel.

• Like 6

Interesting thread to be titled CROWN 2014 if the show isn't to be announced until May and the tentative new uniforms are young, sweaty flesh colored costumes. But I'm open minded so I'm listening...

• Like 2