Carolina Crown 2014

I had mixed feelings about their show last year as I hated the singing, but it has grown on me over time and I now really appreciate what they were able to accomplish in 2013. I am really looking forward to seeing what they come up with this year. One thing I know for sure is that I will love their horn line and I will probably hate their uniform.

Not sure why there's such a mystery about the uniform. The pants and stripe will change...the rest will be the same. Crown has been fielding uniforms with built-in adaptability since 2007. First the jackets/windows, then the shirt/vests, and now the black coat/colored pants/stripe. The pants/stripe colors this year will coordinate with the program but it will be same uniform as last season.

I love Crown's innovation in uniform design.

• Like 3

Not sure why there's such a mystery about the uniform. The pants and stripe will change...the rest will be the same. Crown has been fielding uniforms with built-in adaptability since 2007. First the jackets/windows, then the shirt/vests, and now the black coat/colored pants/stripe. The pants/stripe colors this year will coordinate with the program but it will be same uniform as last season.

I love Crown's innovation in uniform design.

yea......I remember when they unveiled their uniforms last year. I just cringed when I first saw it. However I grew to love it.

http://www.carolinacrown.org/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=376&catid=88&Itemid=553

While this post doesn't really give away anything, it sure is worded as if a new design will be used - especially since the headline is "Crown Completes New Uniform".

And there's this... "We wanted to hit fans with 'Shock and Aww'." The Crown design team plans to hit fans with this same type of approach in 2014.

Only time will tell of course.

Edited by ashevillemurphy

And there's this... "We wanted to hit fans with 'Shock and Aww'." The Crown design team plans to hit fans with this same type of approach in 2014.

I wonder if they mean, "Aww" like "Awww, Maaaannn!!" or "Aww, that's so cute." or "Awwiiiight! New yoonifowmz!"

That actually would be a really weird, interesting show... "Shock and Aww"... like, a whole bunch of really jarring moments coupled with puppy petting and skipping children. The puppy and the children die in the end of course... (shocker, right?).

Oh god, CC is using Donald Rumsfeld as inspiration. Are they planning a show based on the invasion of Iraq? Many possibilities here....

Crown will not be announcing their show Sunday

Imagine that.

God forbid the cone of silence be disturbed. Absurd!

"Presenting their 2014 show, 'Soooo, on Sunday we're gonna be announcing something you'll want to hear more about, hashatag just sayin,' CAROLINA CROWN!"

Can't wait for all the shows this year entitled "No Comment," too! :tounge2:

Edited by troon8