Aimachi at WGI

The audience at Dayton LOVED Aimachi. The reaction was great.

But I did not reply to a question on the audience reaction. My reply here was to the poster's concerns about how goofy and pretentious this looks ( his words ) " to the rest of the world". Once again, one look at the size of the audience, it appears that essentially nobody outside a few care , as few have any idea this exists at all to form an opinion on whether it looks ( his words again ) "goofy" or not. Look at the video,... while you were there, and cried with emotion with it, there's hardly anybody there.

Edited by BRASSO

But I did not reply to the audience reaction. My reply here was to the poster's concerns about how goofy and pretentious this looks " to the rest of the world". Once again, one look at the size of the audience, it appears that essentially nobody outside a few care , as few have any idea this exists at all to form an opinion on whether it looks ( his words ) "goofy" or not. Look at the video,... while you were there, and cried with emotion with it, there's hardly anybody there.

I didn't watch that particular video, but they performed after IW finals so the arena was full and everyone dug it.

• Like 1

and lots of BUZZ about this being the future of drum corps...and of course Aimachi pulls out all the stops. Percussion, guard and now winds

I have been saying now... for how long ?.... that the future of DCI will involve every instrument in the marching band instrumentation realm. AND... that any musical unit that has singers, dancers, drummers, clainets, flutes, trumpets, saxophones, trombones, sousaphones, in the eyes of some will not be a schools derived" marching band" but will still be " a Drum Corps " and one that is engaged in a competitive" sport". Of course, that self named description is just silly and ridiculous, but self naming rights do accrue to all. People can and do have beliefs not grounded in much reality. But so long as they don't scare the horses and children, I see no harm in it.

Edited by BRASSO

I have been saying now... for how long ?.... that the future of DCI will involve every instrument in the marching band instrumentation realm. AND... any musical unit that has singers, dancers, drummers, clainets, flutes, trumpets, saxophones, trombones, sousaphones, in the eyes of some will not be a band but will still be a " a Drum Corps" and engaged in a competitive" sport". Of course, thats silly and ridiculous, but self naming rights due accrue to all. People can and do have beliefs not grounded in much reality. But so long as they don't scare the horses and children, I see no harm in it.

agree

.DCI in the next 10 years will most likely see it's biggest changes to date.

People can and do have beliefs not grounded in much reality.

Not one to ever miss a chance to slight those that don't agree with you, right Brasso?

Their performance was great, and this will be another opportunity for people to perform. I think it's great for smaller groups, that would get swallowed up by a full field and big stadium. The arenas are a much smaller and more intimate setting, and can allow for small groups to display their talents more effectively.

• Like 1

Not one to ever miss a chance to slight those that don't agree with you, right Brasso?

Oh stop it. Did you come to my defense when I was called " apoplectic " ? If you did, I missed it. You've called comments by posters that have disagreed with your comments way worse things on their comments than I ever have on here. You're the one that last week attacked Phantom Regiment for the shows in a quite demeaning ( and inaccuate ) way, imo. You are entiltled to that, but now your self righteousness claims seem lame after the attacks your leveled on others, and Corps and so forth within the last week. Furthermore, what brought you out today to attack me, as I havn't attacked you nor your comments on here.

Edited by BRASSO

Their performance was great, and this will be another opportunity for people to perform. I think it's great for smaller groups, that would get swallowed up by a full field and big stadium. The arenas are a much smaller and more intimate setting, and can allow for small groups to display their talents more effectively.

yes, I agree it will be great for smaller groups.

A question in the future MIGHT be though,, would people choose this above what we know today? Will multiple ways grow the activity or thin it out. Time will tell I suppose. Directors may see this as a more successful way to have a corps with possibly a lot less headaches. Either way Aimachi is one heck of an organization.

Oh stop it. Did you come to my defense when I was called " apoplectic " ? If you did, I missed it. You've called comments by posters that have disagreed with your comments way worse things on their comments than I ever have on here. You're the one that last week attacked Phantom Regiment for the shows in a quite demeaning ( and inaccuate ) way, imo. You are entiltled to that, but now your self righteousness claims seem lame after the attacks your leveled on others, and Corps and so forth within the last week. Furthermore, what brought you out today to attack me, as I havn't attacked you nor your comments on here.

I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks? I never attacked Phantom in a demeaning fashion at all. I said I don't like their current show trend, not sure how that's demeaning. Your comments are that people who think DCI is a sport and should keep it's name are delusional and living in fantasy though is far beyond anything I've done. Please though, if you have examples of me calling people terrible, hurtful things, I'd enjoy hearing them.

Seems though that I've offended your sensibilities, not attacked you.

yes, I agree it will be great for smaller groups.

A question in the future MIGHT be though,, would people choose this above what we know today? Will multiple ways grow the activity or thin it out. Time will tell I suppose. Directors may see this as a more successful way to have a corps with possibly a lot less headaches. Either way Aimachi is one heck of an organization.

That's a good question. I think it depends on whether a group wants to have a winter activity or a summer one. I could see a couple of corps starting up winter groups as training programs, like we used to see with multiple Cadet Corps. Gives them a chance to have a small group in the offseason, then their main focus in the summer. Or as a branch out of SoundSport, where people can start small groups here, then transition to SoundSport/DCI after building a strong base.

Aimachi is a great organization for sure, their winter programs are top-notch. Haven't seen much of their marching group before this though, but I've heard they're very good as well. Seemed like it when they were performing.