Ouch ! Getting old .....

You REALLY realize you're getting old when the MOST-PLAYED drum corps music is the 1958 Hawthorne Caballeros .... I will NEVER get tired of them :music: The kids could always tell when warm weather finally hit, because I would have the windows and doors open and blare that as loud as I could (I'm sure the neighbors didn't love it) .... too bad.

• Like 2

HAHA ... for me it's playing the Skyliners' 1962 Portrait In Brass album ... I too have a "birth of dc season" ritual of hooking up my outdoor speakers and blasting my neighbors with the fine Sounds of the City concert ... plus other assorted tunes like Showtime on Broadway, I'll Walk With God, Skyliner (yes, that is a tune name), You and the Night and the Music, The Twist, Lullaby of Birdland, Doncha Go Away Mad ... and, of course, who of us don't sit on our deck every now and then listening to John Simpson's Rhapsody In Blue and Tommy Martin's The Fox Hunt ... ah yes ... it must be drum corps season again ...

:-)

• Like 1

You REALLY realize you're getting old when the MOST-PLAYED drum corps music is the 1958 Hawthorne Caballeros .... I will NEVER get tired of them :music: The kids could always tell when warm weather finally hit, because I would have the windows and doors open and blare that as loud as I could (I'm sure the neighbors didn't love it) .... too bad.

You should really get a recording of 1959 Archer-Epler Musketeers and blast that one also. Between '58 Reilly/Cabs, '59 Archie and '62 or '63 Skyliners blasting away, you could probably incite them to storm your house with torches and pitchforks! GREAT recordings, all of them!