Dirtiest championship corps since 1990

What was the worst executed finals show to ever win it all?

As much as I love the show, I'd have to say Star '91. The show gets a lot of respect, and it deserved to win, but that drill was awfully dirty.

Worst horn line to win the title? Probably '98 Cadets.

• Like 1

Yeah 91 star of Indiana's visual program seemed to be a little too difficult for them. Id say the worst hornline to win was the 2001 cavies

IMO, 92 or 02 Cavies seem to stick out in my mind

02 Cavies seem to stick out in my mind

Interesting choice, since they're generally considered the cleanest corps there's been. With the exception of the guard drop in the Fight Club.

I'd say '04 Cavies or '07 Devs. Some visual dirt in there. Or '91 Star. Such an amazing book, but man was it difficult. Pyware couldn't have gotten it clean.

• Like 2

2002 Cavies. No way they should have scored as high as they did. Guard alone was incredibly dirty. Hornline marching was all over the place. 2000 Cadets, I think we were relatively dirty in reference to minor mistakes on the field.

• Like 3

2002 Cavies. No way they should have scored as high as they did. Guard alone was incredibly dirty. Hornline marching was all over the place.

When I saw '02 Cavies in the first Classic Countdown in '05, I remember thinking, "This was less than a point from a perfect score?" It totally deserved to win, but that show proved scores outside of the context of competition are meaningless.

Yeah 91 star of Indiana's visual program seemed to be a little too difficult for them. Id say the worst hornline to win was the 2001 cavies

On Star '91: the real dirt in the drill was in the closer, which IIRC was put in about two weeks before finals.

:ninja:

I would have agreed with '92 Cavies. granted, it was their first DCI title, but after seeing the video tape the next day after I got home (I was in Madison that afternoon with MBI playing at the HOF gathering) I wasn't sure they were going to win. Looked like a BUNCH of dirt the latter part of the show.

Pat

Still happy they won - that hornline improved by leaps and bounds from June.