Stalin and satire on the field? (BAC 2014)

How exactly does one depict Animal Farm on the field?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYGOUkuH-TU

Some famous person once said they can say anything they want in the press, so long as they spell my name right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zebvFBNZ3Mg

This could be awesome. Certainly an edgy and potentially controversial show topic, the darker uniforms make sense now in context

• Like 2

This could be awesome. Certainly an edgy and potentially controversial show topic, the darker uniforms make sense now in context

I remember ( not the year ) Bishop Kearney winter Guard ( a CATHOLIC SCHOOL ) did animal farm. controversial and although maybe not their best year. It was very cool.

True.. all kidding aside, this probably will be edgy as Orwell's novel " Animal Farm", while a satire, but it was by no means taken as such by some elements in post WW2 Russia and its Soviet allies. The book was banned there, almost until the Berlin Wall came down.

Edited by BRASSO

My late stepmother, teaching classes of "gifted and talented" sixth-graders in the early 1980s, would have them spend a month (meaning perhaps a half-hour per day) creating animated Super-8 short films, both individually and as a class. The latter was entered each year in a state student moviemaking contest. One of the first they made, my favorite though it failed to win any awards, was called "Alligator Allegory". Izod (or Lacoste) shirts with the alligator (or crocodile) logo were exceedingly popular at the time. The movie was simple stop-motion with paper cutouts. It opened with a variety of perhaps two dozen different shapes (circles, triangles, stars, diamonds, etc.) and one alligator dancing across the screen. After about twenty seconds, the alligator jumped on one of the shapes and it turned into an alligator. For the next couple minutes, the alligators gradually "possessed" the other shapes like the pod people in Invasion of the Body Snatchers , until, as the accompanying music ("Hall of the Mountain King", if I recall correctly) reached its climax, the final shape, a star, was trapped and changed, and only alligators remained. A lesson about peer pressure if you like, and I found it exciting and chilling, in its small way. No dialogue, just movement and music. I look forward to seeing another allegory thus approached!