Kanstul G 3 valve Sopranos, 2 valve dynasty soprano, V/R Olds Duratone

Truxman

I have 2 Kanstul 3 valve Silver Sopranos for sale.

First one- SOLD!!!!!!!

Very good condition, no major dents or damage. Some waviness (possible repair) on bell flare by valves. Finish is near perfect, no signs of wear. All slides and valves are smooth and move freely. Just professionally cleaned. Includes a Pro-tec hard case. No mouthpiece. Not a Powerbore. Has Emerald Knights engraved on the side of the bell. Asking $400 plus shipping.

Second - SOLD!!!!!!

Very good condition, recent professional repair of dents and replaced leadpipe with brand new from Kanstul. Very good finish. Was cleaned at the same times as repair. Missing set screw on spring loaded tuning slide. All slides and valves move freely and smoothly. Has a dynasty hard sided case. No mouthpiece, not a powerbore. SOLD!!!!!!

Also have a dynasty 2 valve chrome soprano.

This is in rough shape. Missing the second valve cap, some dents, some corrosion in the chrome. Still plays well. Valves and slides move freely. Includes hard case. Asking $75 plus shipping.

Finally, I have a Valve Rotor Olds Duratone Mellophone, this is the matte finished model. In very good shape. Finish is great, valve and rotor move freely, slides are smooth. Includes hard case. Asking $200 plus shipping.

I can email pictures if needed, can't post on here.

These horns all are from my personal collection. I never play them, so time to clean house.

Message me on here and I will get back to you ASAP.

Edited by Truxman
  • Like 1

WOW you have a P/R mello? I'm in Colorado too. Contact me via message.

• 1 month later...

Hey Truxman, I'm afraid I won't be able to get the Duratone mello right now - I'm really short on cash. Sorry!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We're interested in your remaining Kanstul 3-valve soprano. Please send pictures, especially of the damaged areas. Do all valves, slides & water keys work correctly?

Shipping to York, PA?
Thanks.

Brian Moul, Brass Instructor

Lancers Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps

golfnband@comcast.net

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would not have sold those....they are serious collectors items...fun as heck to play too!

I have a 1991 3v G Kanstul Lead Bar. Bugle with "tune any note" kicker designed by Jack Meehan and built/refurbished by Zig himself.

---I marched DCI and DCA w/ that horn.

....I have a 3v G Kanstul Custom Class Mellophone of equivalent functionality, design and elegance...

....they can be pried from my cold, dead hands or found in the Smithsonian, who will inherit all my historic collectible items if I don't leave an heir behind.

I hope you got a good price.

I just can't put a price-tag on my G Bugles, I understand selling them and I'm not criticizing the sales...I just don't have it in me to part w/ them. Too much sentiment and personal history resides between the silver and brass.

***edit: let's pretend I could, or had to:

Kanstul Bar. in G: $499,000 FIRM

Kanstul Mello in G: $299,000 negotiable

Getzen 1050 Jazz tbn in Bb: $399,000 poss. negotiable.

Edited by Tapper7