DCA Fan Network and Online Shows for 2014?

1975 last year for Mount Carmel then the show moved to Danville until the 1980s or so. Was told at college the Band Director transferred to Danville and took the show with him. Too bad the stadium was WAY too small and people in the bottom row had their feet on the same level as the field.

We were on first at 1975 MC so everyone else would look better. :tounge2: My biggest memory is seeing the Yankee Rebels dump the excess water out of some big plastic trash cans. Turned out to be REALLY big beer coolers for the buses. For what.. about a 3-4 hour drive?

last year for Danville was 89. 90 back to Mt. Carmel, can't remember if anyone other than us performed

Details and pricing will be out shortly

All champ weekend live. Other shows depend on stadium infrastructure and sponsor considerations

tease

:tounge2:

Details and pricing will be out shortly

All champ weekend live. Other shows depend on stadium infrastructure and sponsor considerations

Well gives me some time to figure out the wireless capabilities of our set up or how to string a line from the back of the house (PC connection) to the front (TV screen).

Well gives me some time to figure out the wireless capabilities of our set up or how to string a line from the back of the house (PC connection) to the front (TV screen).

If you have a laptop with a HDMI port that's a easy way to do it. I have my laptop wright next to the TV and run the cable to the TV.

• Like 1

If you have a laptop with a HDMI port that's a easy way to do it. I have my laptop wright next to the TV and run the cable to the TV.

Wonder if I can ask about an HDMI port on my work laptops (no longer use towers) without anyone getting suspicious. Then I'll just schedule my telework Friday or Monday so one of them will be home over those weekends. :tounge2:

Seriously thanks for the info, haven't gotten a home laptop yet and now know something else to check on (HDMI port).

It's unlikely that you'll have an HDMI port on a laptop unless it's new and relatively high-end. Apple MacBook Pro's have Mini-DisplayPorts and they work very well if you have 'em. Apple users can also stream via AirPlay if they have an AppleTV in their set-up.

One possible solution for you would be to use ChromeCast. It's a cheap and easy way to get video to your TV from any computer.

• Like 1

It's unlikely that you'll have an HDMI port on a laptop unless it's new and relatively high-end. Apple MacBook Pro's have Mini-DisplayPorts and they work very well if you have 'em. Apple users can also stream via AirPlay if they have an AppleTV in their set-up.

One possible solution for you would be to use ChromeCast. It's a cheap and easy way to get video to your TV from any computer.

this is the part where Kevin Gamin gets on to tell us all the 58 different ways to watch drum corps from your closet....or mars :) John is right, chromecast is a great little tool

Edited by brigscadm

this is the part where Kevin Gamin gets on to tell us all the 58 different ways to watch drum corps from your closet....or mars :) John is right, chromecast is a great little tool

Shoulda mugged Gadget for that info when he was down the hall from us at Rochester few years back.... Then again by now it's all obsolete, just like my 30+ plus year old Computer Science degree. Good thing is I re-invented myself a few times since, bad thing is never got involved in PC or networking. Being Unix and Oracle savvy doesn't help worth a #### for this.... :sad:

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

It all depends when you bought the laptop. Mine is 3 years old and only paid 250 for it and it has a hdmi port, I think a few years ago it came standard on all laptops.