DCA Fan Network and Online Shows for 2014?

It all depends when you bought the laptop. Mine is 3 years old and only paid 250 for it and it has a hdmi port, I think a few years ago it came standard on all laptops.

yeah i use hdmi

yeah i use hdmi

Checked the new laptop I got at work and it has HMDI port. can't check the older one unless I pull it from teh docking station. Too much of a PITA to do that.....

Yeah, need two laptops at work depending on what I am working on, freaking incompatible networks (one Gov't and one contractor). *puke*

• 4 weeks later...

Well finally got the DCA FN, bought a fairly cheap laptop yesterday and got it connected to the home router with a minimum (less than 20) swear words. Works well when near the router and will try it from the front of the house later. Kris and I need to go thru the WinBlows8 helpies and reload solitaire first (got our priorities). Plus set up the security software before we pound the web too much.

But.... 1977 Rhode Island Matadors looked and sounded REAL good on the laptop..... maybe 1975 Rochester Phoenix when we test out viewing from the TV. Or Govies.... or Sky Alumni or.... LOL those folks from Hanover....

LOL we were joking that by the time we get done buying the stuff it will cost as much as going to DCA.... figure the laptop, HMDI cord, etc is the hotel bill.... Next $100 or so will be the gas bill.....

Note to Verizon users..... connecting a new device to the router seems to be the magic help area. Even if "laptop" is not included in the list of devices.... :huh2: And anything tagged WiFi talks about how to hook the current PC to WiFi....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I have AT&T wireless had no problems watching DCA preliums here in Florida .

Watched DCA the first time it was on the web as we had to cancel our trip due to family issues. Except for a few freezes the wired connection worked great for being on for hours worth of Prelims.

Hooked it all up last night and just blown away by the picture quality and (don't say it too loud) how easy it was to get going after getting the router connection set up. Nice surprise was finding a second HDMI connection in the back of the TV so I don't have to swap cables every time we want to hook up the laptop. LOL our first flat screen was a no name one for $700+ (name brand was $1000+), This one (name brand) was around $350 (Christmas sale price) about a year or two back and newest list around $250 (not on sale). Could use a bigger screen but limited by what fits in the entertainment center which was bought when we had our (last) 80 lb tube TV.

Played Empires 'Oz" show, bit 'n pieces of 2012 Alumni show and part of 1975 Phoenix. Only question/issue I have is the screen size of the show part of the webpage. When we watched Prelims live few years back, the live feed took up the whole screen. For FN there is an option for a larger view of the corps but still a lot of space not being used. Just hope the live feeds will be full screen. I'll PM brigscadm(sp) if he doesn't respond on this.

Oh yeah, then we watched a Newfoundland dog playing with a cat on YT.... hilarious to us but have seen it before as we owned dogs and cats.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Any word on the definite Fan Network schedule and pricing? I went into the Fan Network website but apparently I need to log in to see the schedule (?) and if I don' have a membership, I can't log in...My big question...will finals be streamed separate from the Fan Network...meaning can I purchase Finals only and NOT have a Fan Network membership? Thanks!

Only question/issue I have is the screen size of the show part of the webpage. When we watched Prelims live few years back, the live feed took up the whole screen. For FN there is an option for a larger view of the corps but still a lot of space not being used. Just hope the live feeds will be full screen. I'll PM brigscadm(sp) if he doesn't respond on this.

Quick question Jim. Are you clicking the Increase Video Size below the Video ? If so on the DVR bar on the bottom of the Video screen on the far right next to the sound is the full screen button.

Edited by lp1955

Oops, I was thinking about it but forgot to say that yes I did hit increase Video Size which helped a bit.

But didn't notice the DVR bar on the bottom of the screen. Think I was concentrating too much on centering the video image on the screen to notice any other icons or buttons..... Thanks...... like I need another excuse to check it put this weekend. :tounge2:

LOL - using the wireless web connection, running the laptop from the battery (no electrical cord) and even using a wireless mouse I bought that afternoon. Just shaking my head considering the changes since I got my Computer Science degree in December 1979. Feel like Fat###ed Freddie Freakin' Flintstone...... but built more like Barney Rubble.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Oops, I was thinking about it but forgot to say that yes I did hit increase Video Size which helped a bit.

But didn't notice the DVR bar on the bottom of the screen. Think I was concentrating too much on centering the video image on the screen to notice any other icons or buttons..... Thanks...... like I need another excuse to check it put this weekend. :tounge2:

LOL - using the wireless web connection, running the laptop from the battery (no electrical cord) and even using a wireless mouse I bought that afternoon. Just shaking my head considering the changes since I got my Computer Science degree in December 1979. Feel like Fat###ed Freddie Freakin' Flintstone...... but built more like Barney Rubble.....

That was supposed to be the far right.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152493525107964&substory_index=0&id=63111087963

Finals are live, $35 for finals, 50 for non. Regular season shows and prelims are part of season pkg.

If you click on right tab in subscriber area it takes you to the list

Any word on the definite Fan Network schedule and pricing? I went into the Fan Network website but apparently I need to log in to see the schedule (?) and if I don' have a membership, I can't log in...My big question...will finals be streamed separate from the Fan Network...meaning can I purchase Finals only and NOT have a Fan Network membership? Thanks!