DCPI Season 22 Discussion

I am going to start the discussion a few days early since our corps all go on the road tomorrow AM.

Friday brings our corps starting their normal regional tours, Star of Jupiter (Sarasota, FL), Star of Hawaii (Oceanside, CA), Cross (Wayne, NJ). Cross will go West mid-season for the first time and compete at the West Regional. Scotland's only drum corps picked up some new sponsorship's for travel costs.

Appreciate all the corps attending the Southern Star Cup (Orlando) which is one of the oldest events on the tour. 16 World class corps are currently signed up. Registration is open. We are gearing up for another big event to host on July 19th.

Best wishes to all corps and directors. See ya on the road.

camel_zps9f825aaa.jpg

Uh oh...

Guess what day it is. Guess what day it is...

Huh? Anybody?

StarOrg, hey, guess what day it is.

Aw c'mon, I know you can hear me...

Gary Gary Gary Gary Gary, what day is it Gary?

Hey Hostrauser, guess what day is it?

It's a SHOW DAY!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!!!

Welcome to the first day of our 22nd season of competition! We're kicking off the road to Minneapolis in style this season, and we've got a great lineup of corps and events to get things started.

The defending champs Buckeye Brass kick off their season at the IMG Academy Stadium in Sarasota FL, where they'll face some stiff competition right out of the gate. Star of Jupiter, Euphony Empire and The Knights are just 3 of several other corps that are clamoring for an early-season upset. Open Class and Class A will see several new corps like Blue Ridge Brigade, Sires II and Swannanoa Silverstars make their DCPI debuts.

SarasotaFLIMGAcademy4000_zps63a74e73.jpg

Out west, we have another large show scheduled to take place at El Camino HS in Oceanside CA. Nastalgia Vanguard makes a return after taking a season off, and Quiksilver, Phantom Vanguard and Circle City Sound will be among the several corps eager to welcome them back to competition.

OceansideCAElCaminoHS4000_zps8754926a.jp

Central HS in Salem WI will be the kickoff site for the Midwest tour, which looks a little sparse early on this year. But the competition should still be exciting, as we have matchups between Polaris Regiment/Stud Bolts, Les Blanc Chevaliers/Screws/Marauders and Bolts/Showtime to kick off the season.

SalemWICentralHS2500_zps84f2b6ae.jpg

Out east, PCTI Stadium in Wayne NJ will mark the debut of 3 new World Class corps, Black Bear Regiment, The Sires and The Patriots. We'll also see Cape Cod Regiment and Cross renew their ultra-competitive rivalry in Class A.

WayneNJPCTIStadium2500_zps338d1be2.jpg

SHOW DAY! YEAH!!!

Oh we know what day it is! Let it begin! Good luck to all knight Org corps, CLASS Corps and every corps willing to put it all out there! We've kept our shows a secret right up till show time! Pretty incredible!

Scores are up after a slight delay- Mandarins and Cascades' numbers were causing a minor glitch that I think I've got a workaround for.

There were upsets aplenty last night, including Texas Trailblazers' victory in Oceanside and Ivory Brigade's defeat of last season's champs, Buckeye Brass. Tonight's competition should be just as intense.

In Jackson NJ, The Sires are coming off a win in their inaugural show, but now they'll face some stiff competition as the Knights of Power return to the field.

JacksonNJJacksonLibertyHS2_zps1e03d50e.j

Expect another big tussle in Tampa FL between Ivory Brigade and Buckeye Brass after last night's big upset. Star of Jupiter and The Knights will be looking to make up ground. Tonight's event will be split between two venues, with World Class corps competing at Tarpon Springs HS and Open Class and Class A corps competing at Pinellas Park HS.

TarponSpringsFLTarponSpringsHS4000_zpsb7

PinellasPark_zpsda30beef.jpg

Tonight's event at Perkins Stadium in Whitewater WI is smaller than past years, but no less special. Polaris Regiment had the Stud Bolts' number last night, but we'll see what tonight brings.

WhitewaterWIPerkinsStadium11000_zps79746

FInally, Glendora CA's Citrus College Stadium should see a particularly interesting competition between Mercury, Nastalgia and Star of Hawaii in Open Class.

GlendoraCACitrusStadium10000_zps01ff52db

Well first show and first win for two of my corps. Abracadabra Academy and Ivory Brigade. I need to figure something out for my Division 3 corps Kaiju Corps.

I think this is probly the best that I could have hoped for with my inaugural season.

Well first show and first win for two of my corps. Abracadabra Academy and Ivory Brigade. I need to figure something out for my Division 3 corps Kaiju Corps.

I think this is probly the best that I could have hoped for with my inaugural season.

Welcome to DCPI! Always great to have another CLASS corps around beating up on FANFARE!!!

Today's events:

The main part of the action continues to be in the western and southern regions. Buchanan Stadium in Clovis CA will be filled to capacity as it hosts nearly 20 corps at tonight's event. Meanwhile, the southern event in Marietta GA has been divided between two locations. Open Class and Class A corps will compete at the main site at Lassiter HS while World Class corps will compete at nearby Roswell HS. Chambersburg HS in Chambersburg PA and Eden Prairie HS in Eden Prairie MN round out the competition sites for today.

ClovisCABuchananHS9000_zps1b92aaa3.jpg

MariettaGALassiterHS3500_zpsc0f59d93.jpg

RoswellGARoswellHS4000_zpsadcc76e4.jpg

ChambersburgPAChambersburgHS2_zps6ab2b7f

EdenPrairieMNEdenPrairieHS3000_zpsdccaee

Scores are up for tonight's event, and the first Knight Sword award of the year goes to The Knights!

Man we must have wanted to keep the sword bad! Turned around from 24th to 4th in just a few days!

Just two events today. With southern and western corps taking a breather for the day, this gives corps in the east and midwest a chance to be in focus.

In Dubuque IA, the matchup between The Bolts and Xothyme may be the most intriguing contest of the evening. The double-tiered stands of Dalzell Field will create an excellent viewing and performance environment.

DubuqueIADalzellField6000_zps77a370fc.jp

In Pittsburgh PA, it's the east coast corps' turn to be split up due to the number of corps registered for this event. Knights of Power headline a strong lineup of corps appearing at Gateway HS on the east side of town, while Storm Troopers, Hoosier Regiment, Valley Vanguard and Mountain Beats will be just some of the corps to keep an eye on at Pine Richland HS on the north side.

PittsburghPAGatewayHS2_zps6fea32e2.jpg

PittsburghPAPine-RichlandHS4000_zpsc49d9