Mid 1960s Encyclopedia DC pic

>>

St. Rocco's apparently wore military jackets in '62 (and no black/white plumes)....pictured here:

http://www.flickr.co...@N00/107354832/<<

Okay ... I guess I was wrong on the year they switched to the powder blue & black military unis ... I thought 63 ... the pic says 62 ... they were still called the Golden Aces before they became the Cadets ... anyone have some old Yankee Circuit pics from 60/61?

:-)

The parade is on 5th Avenue in NYC. The colors were common to quite a few corps in the Greater NY area, like the Selden Cadets, Floyd Bennett Golden Eagles, and a few more.

Check the alumni sites of those two.

I just have to ask.... how do you know 5th Avenue. Not doubting just love to know what gives it away as have done the "where and when is this picture" with old car pics.

>>

I read an online bio about the Golden Aces, and it said they earlier wore red blouses with a gold stripe. That's when they apparently took on the Golden Aces nickname. No mention of the time frame, however.

<<

Thanks Brian ... back to the thinking game now ... Frank's 5th Ave comment throws me into a GNYC / Penn-Jersey / GSC / Long Island Circuit frame of mind ... but, for the life of me, I can't remember a corps from that era using a multi color plume ... aaarrrgghhhh!!!!

>>

I was thinking Blessed Sac too but the pics I found had the corps in a yellow top. Kicker is this pic was found in the "Photography" pages..... Irony is the last copyright year on the encyclopedia is 1967... And that short dude 2nd from the right is just throwing me......

<<

Jim ... check if there's a "credits" section or glossary towards the end of the book ... might give some clues as to who this is, where/when it was taken or at least who took the pic ...

Great idea Andy (wish I would have thought of it)...... In the middle of getting rid of this and another set but will check if the picture credit page is in the recycle pile. Can't remember if I clipped this pic before or after last Weds (last recycle day).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Selden Cadets is a very good guess. One of the best soprano lines of their day, IMO. It also might be early St Andrew's Bridgemen

Gil