Mini Corps for 2014 - Who is in?

And I forgot something else Tom... a few days before a big event occurs is the WORST time to complain about something . And last night (about 11 hours ago to be ironic) I was tired and venting about something else.... LOL

Could have worded that a LOT better also.... and wishing we could watch Minis on the Internet hookup as that has gotten to be something we really look forward to...

No problem, good luck and enjoy....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Welcome back Erie Thunderbirds, Minne-Brass, and Renegades! Woo-hoo, it starting to feel like the old days again!

• Like 2

Tom made me cry...he is right. This is our crazy hobby.

My primary functions this weekend are defending the championships of the Ghost Riders and White Sabers, but I also wrote arrangements for Sunrisers and Hamburg Kingsmen. I thought carefully about doing the alumni show with Hamburg. I hope to at least visit the Sunrisers.

When I was active with St. Joes, I would also try to force this in to the weekend schedule and be so tired by the end of the weekend that I wondered why I was trying to please everyone.

We have scoped out the lay of the land for the Ghost Riders. We have time to relax in between things. I am not in my 20's or 30's and I know what my limits are. Tom can tell you that there was a time that I didn't. I have grown up at least a little.

I am missing UB's first game as assistant band director with the marching band with permission for this weekend. Good to have someone that has marched drum corps before as my boss.

DA

• Like 1

What made me realize how busy you are Donny was when you were DM'ing for Kingston Grenadiers few years back. Was sitting next to a former Memorial Lancer during Finals when he said "Is that Donny Allen out there? Guy must have a closet full of uniforms". That was where my scheduling rest comment came from.

Well-said, Tom!!!!

Up through 2003, the I&E/mini-corps events were held on Saturday evening, as they are again this year... so, with the exception of the parade on Friday night, the weekend schedule now is pretty much the same as the schedule then. A bit of a throwback, for the 50th anniversary of DCA!!!

And I remember a parade in Rochester on Friday night in 1996... and a corps exhibition/parade event at the NY State Fair in 2001-2001, also on Friday nights.

• Like 1

The eleventh mini-corps listed is Cincinnati Tradition, who are apparently have two ensembles at DCA this year. Here is the schedule:

8:30 p.m. -- Thunderbirds

8:45 p.m. -- Rocketeers

9:00 p.m. -- Thunder Brigade

9:15 p.m. -- Cincinnati Tradition

9:30 p.m. -- Renegades

9:45 p.m -- Minne-Brass

10:00 p.m. -- High Country Brass

10:15 p.m. -- Impact of Orlando

10:30 p.m. -- Sacramento Freelancers

10:45 p.m. -- Star United

11:00 p.m. -- Ghost Riders

We do not have a separate ensemble in Cincinnati, we just have select members from the corps performing.

We do not have a separate ensemble in Cincinnati, we just have select members from the corps performing.

Thanks for the clarification, and congratulations on making Class A Finals.

• Like 1