Louisiana Stars

This is meant as no dig to the corps as they were very impressive last year.....just more curious....why go as far north as Minneapolis from Louisiana and not attend championships?

This is meant as no dig to the corps as they were very impressive last year.....just more curious....why go as far north as Minneapolis from Louisiana and not attend championships?

Because one is in July and the other is in August?

• Like 1

The question is not about the timing (July vs August). It is more about the cost. Why not put off the July tour until August and do the open class shows leading into Championships.

The question is not about the timing (July vs August). It is more about the cost. Why not put off the July tour until August and do the open class shows leading into Championships.

You're absolutely right. It is a question of cost. By doing the tour early, they appear at World Class shows where they will receive appearance fees. If they did the Open Class mini-tour at then end, they would receive nothing.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 2

You're absolutely right. It is a question of cost. By doing the tour early, they appear at World Class shows where they will receive appearance fees. If they did the Open Class mini-tour at then end, they would receive nothing.

Good for them making a smart business move like this. Kids still get to tour, cost for the corps is less overall, corps gets more exposure, which leads to more kids, which leads to better corps in future.

The activity has seen far too many units (I am speaking in a 70s-80s time frame) that reached too far too fast & crashed.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There decisions are very smart and actually kind of what DCI allows them to do. There are many factors into being able to attend finals......one big thing is band directors allowing them to miss camp and what not. I would sure allow mine knowing the experience he's receiving. Boring stuff aside, I just got back from their exhibition performance and holy smokes. Just wait!!!! :) Very impressive. Melodic and extremely enjoyable!! Honestly noticeably better than some world class corps.

Wow! They sound incredible! They have the numbers too. I'll be very curious to see how they score - just based on their sound from the clip they will surprise A LOT of folks. Too bad they weren't able to do more shows this year. Finals would have been costly but it is a shame they couldn't work in the Atlanta regional....if anything, that could have been a recruiting tool with the exposure at another southern show with big attendance.

Wow! They sound incredible! They have the numbers too. I'll be very curious to see how they score - just based on their sound from the clip they will surprise A LOT of folks. Too bad they weren't able to do more shows this year. Finals would have been costly but it is a shame they couldn't work in the Atlanta regional....if anything, that could have been a recruiting tool with the exposure at another southern show with big attendance.

To me it seems like they're building slowly, they're traveling a little bit more this year and a little earlier, finishing up around the same time. Seems like they're doing a slow build to that point. For a 2nd year corps they're really #### good, and when they do head to Indy, which IMO they will within a few years, they're going to kick ###.