Drums Along the Rockies 2014

Great review, thank you!!! (You probably saw me there, even if you didn't know it. Section 105, row 27 right on the 50, Trooper jacket. Spent a lot of time talking to some alums on the stairs at the intermission, waved my yellow Troopers scarf at the end of their show.)

The only thing I disagree with is Madison - but that's just personal preference. I just enjoyed the heck out of their show, even the trombone feature. (GASP!) I enjoyed watching the changes in the guard from the early to the later jazz style, and I felt the wheel portrayed a kind of "inevitable marching on of time" theme. My daughter (age 10) wanted me to find the double handspring moment on the Fan Network the next morning because she was so impressed by it. She most enjoyed Madison, along with Troop, SCV and Crossmen. She was freaked out by the OC show - dark shows are not her thing yet. Too young! And she didn't know or understand the poem so the context was totally lost on her. Give her a couple more years and she'll totally love it. But what's funny is what really impressed her most - being in the same stadium where Peyton Manning plays. :smile:

Troopers had quite the support there, was really cool to see them get that kinda reaction. Really classy fans too.