Blue Devils Drumline

Have you guys checked out the BD drumline vids from the past few days? OMG - the early season looked pretty questionable and I had the feeling they weren't really in the running this year for the drum trophy, but wow. They cleaned up REAL fast over the past couple weeks. I can't say I'm surprised they beat all comers at the last few shows, holy cow! :wow:

Anybody else really digging this amazing drumline? :cool:

In my mind, playing clean on a front field platform < than playing clean at 192 bpm for a sustained duration.

• Like 2

In my mind, playing clean on a front field platform < than playing clean at 192 bpm for a sustained duration.

You do realize they play crazy stuff while moving fast, right? They don't JUST do it moving fast. The Blue Devils display a wide variety of skills, they don't just beat you over the head with the same one or two for eleven minutes.

• Like 2

You do realize they play crazy stuff while moving fast, right? They don't JUST do it moving fast. The Blue Devils display a wide variety of skills, they don't just beat you over the head with the same one or two for eleven minutes.

If by 'they,' you mean Cadets, then we are agreed. BD's line is awesome of course, and they also lay down mad skills. but much of it is not at high velocity and much of it is mid to front field. Some of the coolest and most challenging techniques laid down by the Cadets line is backfield and on the move....if the drum judge (like the one on 7/14 who failed to track them back there much of the show) isn't diligent, he won't give it proper recognition. Both Prosperie and Fugett were very diligent.

• Like 1

Okay.

So, anyone else digging the BD drumline this season? I can't possibly be the only guy impressed with the amazing amount of cleaning they've done, or the cool beats they're throwing down this year. Who's with me? :satisfied:

I mean ... sure, yes, of course ... I mean, why not? Sure.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Finish line in sight now, for a while it looked like SCV was running away with it, but BD pulled out another 'w' last night - what a couple of amazing lines doing battle this year, we're lucky to have such awesomeness in our midst (and to Birchtimp above, I like Cadets' line a lot this year too...they earned their title last year quite convincingly! never count those guys out...)!

I can't tell the difference in clean and dirty drum lines at this level. I can hear a terrible high school line, but DCI drumlines all sound pretty #### good to me. I don't have that drummer ear I suppose.

I can see guard dirt.... I can hear hornline dirt. Drums.....meh, it all sounds like popcorn and machine guns to me.

• Like 4

Cadets line went from a 19.3 on Thursday to an 18.6 on Friday....really?? They were down .7 in one day? WTF?? Time to forget scores and just enjoy the bunch of awesome lines, including BD of course.

• Like 1

But c'mon brich', be fair. Don't try to make it out like they just stand there for the whole show. They cover the field pretty well, and play while they're doing it, through the overall course of the program

• Like 1