Shows this Weekend!

My Guess was under time.

Alliance has traditionally always been a late bloomer corps.

In Late July 2009 they were Getting Beat by MCL AND CV at MCL's home show in Nashville but by Mid August they were able to amp it up and come back and beat them both.

The last year I saw Alliance live was 2010 . It was at the CV home show Early August. They had bodies crashing into each other and the forms were totally unreadable at times. The ending did not even sound memorized. By finals they looked like a entirely different corps finishing 7th at finals.

I guess we will see what happens this year... they seem to have the same staff as 2009 and 10, so I guess they are just slow out of the gate.

I guess we will see what happens this year... they seem to have the same staff as 2009 and 10, so I guess they are just slow out of the gate.

If what has been reported.. Thier show is incomplete this time of the year ,,then yes the judges are going to crucify them in the sheets like we saw here.

I gotta admit though. I hate to see corps just throwing on some crap on the field.. Members crashing into each other.. A bunch of out of tune UN,memorized music and forms that are unreadable. I hate it.

I would much rather see a well played. Well performed 10 min than a sloppy 12 min any day. Kudos to them if that was the case.

If what has been reported.. Thier show is incomplete this time of the year ,,then yes the judges are going to crucify them in the sheets like we saw here.

I gotta admit though. I hate to see corps just throwing on some crap on the field.. Members crashing into each other.. A bunch of out of tune UN,memorized music and forms that are unreadable. I hate it.

I would much rather see a well played. Well performed 10 min than a sloppy 12 min any day. Kudos to them if that was the case.

Agreed. Whether they should have had it on the field by now or not is a different conversation. I am guessing it will be similar result this week since they have such a short turn around for their next performance (Friday).

Agreed. Whether they should have had it on the field by now or not is a different conversation. I am guessing it will be similar result this week since they have such a short turn around for their next performance (Friday).

Agreed. It IS a different conversation.

Not much you can do in a week. In all reality it's just a few hours. It's more about getting the corps focused and back on track in that short of a period. But they will be befor DCA judges instead of a wacked out DCI panel which I never trust with DCA score. I've heard it said by people I trust. They just put down a score with out any thought of where this will rank them on the charts. Or should I say should rank them.

My best guess is look for Alliance to score a 71 to 76 in front of a DCA panel if they can fix just a few items this week.

Edited by camel lips

I recall a back to back weekend show we did in the Midwest . On sat night we got a low score. Went back and listened to the tapes. Sunday morning went out and threw together something we heard on the tapes that we thought the judges might like to see that was different. It was messy, dirty and poorly performed but it was the direction the judges wanted to see us wanting to move in and we got a two point bump that night because of it. Had we not made the changes I doubt we would have gotten the bump as our program director felt our performance that night was flatter than the night before.

So anything is possible

Go figure.

I was informed by someone from Alliance that they only had 3 of 4 movement prepared last week and as some others have stated want to debut it good and get a wow when they finish the show rather than try something poorly executed. They are pretty sure it will be great when it is ready. From the score recap you can see the judges thought the show had potential.

It will be interesting to see where all corps score tonight ,will bucs go up or down with out the big guns around them ,will sky break 70 ? white sabers be the big surpise of the night as some think they will .A few hours tells it all .