Fan Reactions to Bluecoats "Pitch Bend" Ending 2014

The second link doesn't work.

Fixed...

• Like 1

That second video reaction is great! I love the mouths that drop when they hear it.

And to be honest as someone who was also at SA regional on Saturday, the effect is amazing live and the reaction was amazing. One of the best of the night.

I knew it was coming (only because I've played the Akron APD 40+ times) and it still was f'ing awesome.

• Like 1

I thought it would be cool if we had a thread of all the video reactions to the "pitch bend" at the end of the Bluecoats 2014 show. I'm assuming that these would be legal videos to take, since it is not of the corps? ;)

Anywhoo, here are a few already out there. I will try to take one when I'm in Massillon on the 4th. Please add yours :)

https://vine.co/v/MPF2udJ9jtK

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154341107900710&set=vb.180000990709&type=3&theater

Here is the fan reaction...

bendoverbackwards.jpg

• Like 1

I've only seen the Akron cinecast this year, but that one got an audible reaction from our theater - one of the few individual effects of the night. Even the 200-year old dude wearing the Madison Scouts shirt in his wheelchair went "oooh" for that.

Mike

It is my favorite too.....sentimentally though, it is the Blue Knights that get me everytime I watch it.

For sure, Blue Knights' show is simply gorgeous.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 2

It's a cool effect but it's not changing my world nor does it require an entire thread. IMO, Crown's echo effect done with brass is a bit more worthy of a thread.

yes a very cool effect, BUT let's be honest...it's not exactly causing the reaction the Coats are getting with the pitch bend.

The more times I hear the pitch bend, the less impact it makes for me....becomes more of a sound effect that can easily muddy the 'real' live brass. It was spine-tingling on first hearing.

What effect wouldn't be this way...

By the time I watched Will Pitts get killed in Spartacus a 20th time it had less impact on me. The BIG difference is getting to watch and see it LIVE and be a part of the audience that most are hearing/seeing it for the first time.

If you want spine-tingling make sure you are in the audience on August 4th in Massillon, Ohio. Get your tickets now before they're gone!!!

It's a cool effect but it's not changing my world nor does it require an entire thread. IMO, Crown's echo effect done with brass is a bit more worthy of a thread.

Please feel free to start said thread.

Yes, the Pitch Bend is more than worthy to have its own thread. Thank you OP for starting this one. I look forward to seeing the fans reactions at the remaining shows of this season. I look forward in anticipation to Bloo's Pitch Bend each show. Not only do I get goosebumps each time from hearing them perform, but seeing the crowd spontaneously react makes me want to cheer from home. I am going to make as many shows as I can because something like this doesn't come along every year - although hopefully it does for the Bluecoats!

Again, THANK YOU!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1