Coastal Surge needs your help!

Hey guys, I am apart of the newest DCI open class corps Coastal Surge and we need your help! We are supposed to leave for tour tomorrow but we were hit with a $19,000 bill this morning. If you have any friends and family who are interested in DCI or just want to help out any donation of any amount is appreciated, you don't even have to donate you can just help spread the word and that is an awesome bit of help. You can donate at www.gofundme.com/coastalsurge and you can see our webpage at Coastalsurge.org . Please and Thank you guys, everything.. literally EVERYTHING is appreciated!! - Reggie

Hey guys, I am apart of the newest DCI open class corps Coastal Surge and we need your help! We are supposed to leave for tour tomorrow but we were hit with a $19,000 bill this morning. If you have any friends and family who are interested in DCI or just want to help out any donation of any amount is appreciated, you don't even have to donate you can just help spread the word and that is an awesome bit of help. You can donate at [/size]www.gofundme.com/coastalsurge and you can see our webpage at Coastalsurge.org . Please and Thank you guys, everything.. literally EVERYTHING is appreciated!! - Reggie[/size]

A bill for what?

It could be there are not as many members as expected. I am not sure what they charge for dues, but if it is $2000, ten fewer members than budgeted is a $20K hole. The cost to take the buses down the road does not change, but the income does.

Numerous things, our tour bus broke down on the way back from a show a few nights ago, our living area dues, etc. Just a bunch of things to collapse on us in the past 3 days.

A first year corps and you own your buses? Wow, impressive.

Technically its our second year, but last year we had half of what we have now and we didnt compete anywhere, we just had an 11 day camp and a few exhibition performances. But yeah, we are trying to stay on the afloat man but this was a real low blow to our first actual competing year. But thanks, appreciate it man.

Owning your own buses is not necessarily a sign of a corps's wealth. Back in the early-mid 80s, Spirit of Atlanta owned our own buses. But they were 1958 model GMC buses that I seem to remember we paid $16,000 for -- and that was $16K for all four buses! Let's just say we got what we paid for, LOL.

Owning buses seems to be a capital expense that could be expensive to maintain. Unless they are being used for charters during the off season/down time, I don't see owning them as a good business decision.

That being said, I will try to help Coastal Surge out with what ever I can spare.

Edited by cdm