Coastal Surge needs your help!

Owning your own buses is not necessarily a sign of a corps's wealth. Back in the early-mid 80s, Spirit of Atlanta owned our own buses. But they were 1958 model GMC buses that I seem to remember we paid $16,000 for -- and that was $16K for all four buses! Let's just say we got what we paid for, LOL.

very true. Like i said part of the reason we're n this situation is due to our bus lol.

Owning buses seems to be a capital expense that could be expensive to maintain. Unless they are being used for charters during the off season/down time, I don't see owning them as a good business decision.

That being said, I will try to help Coastal Surge out with what ever I can spare.

We use it year round so its pretty worth it and it was cheap so yeah aha. The maintenance isnt though.

And thank you so much man, we really appreciate it and wish you the best of luck.

Coincidentally, Spartans just announced that they bought a bus.

I saw your show Saturday in Fayetteville and I hope that you will find an answer to your problem. It would be a shame not to tour after all the work that they have put into the show.

The bright side though it may be hard to see now is that the bus broke down near home and not in the middle of West Virginia. So I assume that everyone was able to get home safely. I remember several year's ago a Corps had a bus breakdown somewhere in the middle of the Midwest and not only did they have to cancel their tour, but they had to worry about how to get the kids home. If I win the Powerball tomorrow I will help you how I can but I can do nothing but wish and pray for the best .

Thanks so much man, and yeah we've overcome a lot of adversity to get this far and we're definitely going to keep pushing. We received word yesterday that we have raised enough to atleast start our tour so we'll go on from there. Thanks to you and everyone else who prayed and spread the word and for all the generous donations we've received in the past 3 days.

Thanks so much man, and yeah we've overcome a lot of adversity to get this far and we're definitely going to keep pushing. We received word yesterday that we have raised enough to atleast start our tour so we'll go on from there. Thanks to you and everyone else who prayed and spread the word and for all the generous donations we've received in the past 3 days.

Good that you've raised some donations to help offset the shortfall. You stated that you have enough to at least start your tour. Do you have any concern about not being able to complete your tour? This was the issue with Teal Sound a couple of years back in the middle of the season. In hindsight, it would have been better for them to cancel tour altogether, regroup and assess whether they could make a go of it as a touring drum corps.

• Like 1

I love Coastal Surge. I love the show, your drumline is especially great. I love the staff, I love the kids. I love drum corps in general.

Because of all of this, I have to say - PLEASE be careful. This ain't the 80's. Don't let someone in or out of the organization pressure you into making a decision with undue risk to the children entrusted to your care. Don't just wing it with a busload of kids and a vanload of staff. Everyone deserves better than that. Don't leave because you have enough to "start" tour. Leave when you have enough to finish tour, safely, and get everyone home with a positive experience.

Edited by Henson

I can certainly sympathize with your situation, but is it wise to begin a tour and not have the funds to finish? I mean if you run out of funds while on tour and have to stop, you may run the risk of it being fatal. It would seem to be too much of a risk, short term gain, long term pain. If I was a parent of a member and you started the tour without the funds to complete it my child would probably not be going. And if somehow I was convinced to allow them to tour, I would have serious reservations about them returning next year.

• Like 1

First off, thanks for the support guys. And glad to hear you like the show, we've definitely tried so hard to leave last year in the rear view and start fresh and its looking good so far. Second, we had a meeting today, and lets just say we've been blessed, and when i say blessed i mean BLESSED, with a kind donation + everything we've already accumulated and its looking like we'll be able to go all the way to Indianapolis this season, now its just a matter of working harder than ever as members and staff to prepare our corps to make a nice run in our inaugural year. Again, I want to thank you all for your support and I wish you all and your corps the best of luck and the best of luck to you all in life! Thanks, Reggie and everyone affiliated with Coastal Surge!

• Like 2