DCI in the Heartland - Mustang OK

I'm sorry I failed you, Yogi. I was really just trying to defuse the toxicity and defend someone who obviously meant no harm and did not deserve to be insulted or attacked. :sad:

I found no humour in DWilliams comment but as you put it some toxicity to it. You can defend his comment. I can defend who he insulted and attacked. Lots of humour though leading up to it regarding the spread between the corps. One thought the spread being good the other no so much.

Done with this thread. Great win by Cadets and congrats to Bluecoats on the their drumline taking that caption which I think is the most exciting caption this year to watch.

• Like 1

Competitive percussion season, you'll see fluctuations. It comes to performance level now.

yes it is quite a competitive season! I like SCV this year. It's such a musical book. All of the top 4 though are mighty impressive. The whole DCI this year is really good all the way down to the little corps. This is a very good season and i hope it continues to grow.

• Like 1

Ostentatious is a pretty big word. Might want to look it up in the dictionary before using it.

Read through any of the over 6000 posts 2000Cadet has submitted. As a former member of the Cadets he is honest and polite with his views on any corps especially his own.

os·ten·ta·tious

adjective

characterized by vulgar or pretentious display; designed to impress or attract

synonyms: showy, pretentious, conspicuous, flamboyant, gaudy, brash, vulgar, loud, extravagant, fancy, ornate, overelaborate;

Describes most drum corps shows these days to a T

Oh I'm sorry, I'm supposed to assume what happened in the past will stay the same in coming shows and into August and the gap between the Bluecoats and Cadets will stay consistent? And yes, I'd love Bluecoats to move up, so a little wishful thinking on my part. Not impossible however. We'll see. Scores shift, corps are on and off, ect.

The worst case scenario is that the point spread increases from the already two points. But certainly nothing wrong with wishful thinking on your part. Cadets are saying they still have a few tricks left up their sleeves besides the obvious change to the ending. That's scary because those kids have devoured new information and spit it out at such a high level of performance that they don't skip a beat. We talk about someone making that surge, but be very afraid of August, it has always belonged to the Cadets.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

The worst case scenario is that the point spread increases from the already two points. But certainly nothing wrong with wishful thinking on your part. Cadets are saying they still have a few tricks left up their sleeves besides the obvious change to the ending. That's scary because those kids have devoured new information and spit it out at such a high level of performance that they don't skip a beat. We talk about someone making that surge, but be very afraid of August, it has always belonged to the Cadets.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I'm not a fan of the Cadets at all this year. They haven't given me goosebumps or anything even close to that like they did to me last year. It's a full show.

BUT I have to give credit where credit is due. Everything you said in your post, I agree with. This corps is executing at a crazy level right now considering the changes they've been putting in. They're making white pants look clean! If execution really does win championships, these guys deserve it. Just not my cup of tea.

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of the Cadets at all this year. They haven't given me goosebumps or anything even close to that like they did to me last year. It's a full show.

BUT I have to give credit where credit is due. Everything you said in your post, I agree with. This corps is executing at a crazy level right now considering the changes they've been putting in. They're making white pants look clean! If execution really does win championships, these guys deserve it. Just not my cup of tea.

Thank you Cappybara...drinks on me in Indy (just Friday night).

Irving

Fan of the Arts

It seems to me that percussion judges have lost all credibility this season. I'm exaggerating, of course... but the way the numbers, placements and spreads have been changing night to night is bizarre... just no other word for it.

How is this a credibility issue? Thread after thread we see people complain about slotting. Now we have good evidence that the percussion judges are calling it nightly and you complain that its bad judging? :blink:

I guess it's just a matter of not getting the outcome you want.

• Like 3

No, they didn't change, that's what they've been all along. I guess it just takes some people longer than others to make the connection to the show theme. They also have a set that's half a wheel in the end of the ballad.

Calm down. Yeah. I know...it's not like the show's that hard to comprehend. It's a show about gypsy caravans. Notice how i mentioned they look like wheel spokes. They just looked a little different to me live. Sorry for the input. Didn't mean to oddly offend you. jeez

Is there such a thing as a heat delay in drum corps?

Usually only if there is an actual Heat Advisory declared. Several years ago there was at hour delay at the Pittsburg, KS show that we went to.