If you had to pick a side . . . to sit on.

Are there particular shows, in the past or this year, that are better seen from one location vs. another? This year, for instance, is it better to be on the left for Crown's muffler feature or Boston's flugel soloist? (The corps at Massillon, which is two weeks from last night, are Boston, Xmen, Phantom, Cadets, Crown, SCV, and Bluecoats, but there's no need to restrict answers to this lineup or even this year.)

Cadets are at this show, so remember not to sit down front if you want to "see" them.

I've heard that most people prefer the right side (your right), because that's where the heartbeat is louder.

Wait, what were we talking about?

Edited by Pete Freedman

This is just my $.02...I would say stay at home and save your money. I viewed the San Antonio regional on Fan Network and I was so bored out of my mind. So bored that I will not lose any sleep knowing that was the only DCI show I will see this summer. I dont think I could sit through a live show after what I saw in San Antonio. There is no drum corps moments in any show that I saw.

Again, just my opinion.

Yeah, drum corps sucks, man. And I'll post it on this drum corps forum in this thread about which side of the stands is better. Allright! Truth to power, man, truth to power.

• Like 2

I purchased tickets for side 2 (right side) in Buffalo because the Bluecoats tilted sideline runs perpendicular to the view from side 2. But truthfully, as long as you are in the higher seats, it shouldn't matter. Massillon doesn't run terribly high, but if you are near the top, it shouldn't matter.

I always seem to go side 2 in Allentown as well...

This is just my $.02...I would say stay at home and save your money. I viewed the San Antonio regional on Fan Network and I was so bored out of my mind. So bored that I will not lose any sleep knowing that was the only DCI show I will see this summer. I dont think I could sit through a live show after what I saw in San Antonio. There is no drum corps moments in any show that I saw.

Again, just my opinion.

There are about 11,000 folks who were actually at the show who would clearly disagree with your opinion.

I'm a little partial to the right side. Idk why, I just feel like I get a better viewing experience from there.

Just did a quick check on the seating map: in both section 3 and 4 there are lots of available seat numbers in the teens in rows EE, FF, GG, HH which are very nice from a vertical stand point and will get you in the 35-40 yd range (the roof line starts around row DD if that sways your decision at all). If I were going (work travel sucks sometimes) I would pick left of the 50 facing the field - that's the side i've always sat on, right around the rows I mentioned, and they're great seats.

Well I'm older and married now, but when I was younger, if I didn't have a stadium ticket, and decided to go to the show perhaps alone at the last minute, I usually would sit 3 or 4 seats in from the aisle here, as it tended to provide me the best view:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2F1ms.net%2Fgirl-sitting-in-an-empty-stadium-451414.html&tbnid=TSu6nSvnXpmDyM:&docid=9blaqxCT_mVA5M&h=1080&w=1920

Edited by BRASSO

The Dark Side.