Guardians DBC

OK after talking to a guy I know at Mustang he said something about Guardians and what they had going on. (He has 2 kids marching WC)

So after some Youtubin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc2_bTdwxuQ

This looks like a dress rehearsal show before they went out. Not sure. You know for a first year corps that only marched 2 shows of which only 1 was scored... I AM IMPRESSED!!! Yeah they have some younger kid hornline things here and there but. Nice big hornline, big guard, etc.

Kudos. :cool:

Edit: Also you guys trying to scream at the end of the YMCA encore... if you are going to do it.. do it. LOL But at least you were trying. :tounge2:

Edited by WWonka

Their first (and only) score was very good.

That's from their bird ville show. So how it went for guardians was like this...

5 day mini camp in early June

2 week break

1 week move ins

2 weeks traveling around the state giving exhibition performances in exchange for housing/rehearsal space. This ended in round rock and San Antonio with actual dci competitions.

This allowed leadership a relatively low risk introduction to the logistics behind "tour" as well as providing the dci experience to a group of young people. They fielded 115 members before it was all said and done. This year seemed to go off without a hitch, and I'm really looking forward to next year. There's a recent field pass segment with the corps director.

I just saw their last show from San Antonio on The Fan Network. Not bad for the new corps on the block. It's great to see new corps starting up when seem to loose them faster.

Andrew

It's great to see new corps starting up when seem to loose them faster.

Yes, this year, the number of DCI corps actually increased overall. May it continue.