Dallas, GA

I can see that.

It was that way in DCI until everyone transitioned over. Judges got use to hearing electronic pits and when they did not hear a electronic pit they instantly thought something was wrong and did not bother to give credit based on achievement .

Judges might overlook electronic pits this year..they may not but I suspect pretty soon if you don't have one you are not going to receive credit for achievement because it's going to be expected that you have one.

Looks like it was pretty close to what they scored the night before. Probably close to accurate, considering they did not have a lot of rehearsal time on Saturday. Sometimes the Dome and the big crowd can be intimidating if you have never done it (new members). Then again, they may have had a great run and the DCI judges were a bit tougher... still pretty close.

I can see that.

It was that way in DCI until everyone transitioned over. Judges got use to hearing electronic pits and when they did not hear a electronic pit they instantly thought something was wrong and did not bother to give credit based on achievement .

Judges might overlook electronic pits this year..they may not but I suspect pretty soon if you don't have one you are not going to receive credit for achievement because it's going to be expected that you have one.

Actually my issue isn't related at all. It's on how to credit good usage or penalize poor usage, bad balance etcetera. It seems few have the balls to call out it hard

Looks like it was pretty close to what they scored the night before. Probably close to accurate, considering they did not have a lot of rehearsal time on Saturday. Sometimes the Dome and the big crowd can be intimidating if you have never done it (new members). Then again, they may have had a great run and the DCI judges were a bit tougher... still pretty close.

Did you notice that they gave CV EXACTLY the same 80.35 that they scored 7/12 in Wayne NJ????

I did :)

Historically the GD show has pulled CVA down in the rankings year after year. It's a double edge sword I am sure. It's one of their best recruiting tools yet one of those things that pulls them down in the rankings.

Guess we will see what tonight brings and see if history repeats itself or if judging trends end.

Yes, we know that typically our number goes down somewhat in the DCI environment of the the Georgia Dome. We were actually pretty happy that we got the 80! We all know that the only ranking that matters is the one from the week before Rochester that will determine performance order at prelims. We still have our home show in three weeks to post a number. We'll be fine.

The real purpose for us doing the regional is the exposure the drum corps gets. We sold a TON of t-shirts, got numerous inquiries about membership for next year, had many many alumni coming up to us, literally in tears, wearing their CV swag saying how proud they were to be alums. There were almost 17,000 potential members, supporters, contributors and benefactors in that building yesterday and walking around after our performance, they all seemed to be talking about CV. Our performance yesterday helped solidify our legitimacy among the music community in the South.

The day yesterday was about long term growth for the drum corps...not short term rankings. Oh yeah...and it is a heck of a lot of fun playing in that place! The crowd really seemed to get into our show and showed their appreciation with more than one standing ovation. They seemed genuinely pleased with what we were doing. Very cool from a member's perspective.

Good luck to everyone moving forward. We at CV really look forward to sharing the field with you in Rochester.

Dan

• Like 6

Did you notice that they gave CV EXACTLY the same 80.35 that they scored 7/12 in Wayne NJ????

I did :)

Yeah, that has to be frustrating from a score standpoint. It would make you feel like you are spinning your wheels. Their score didn't go up much on Friday with a DCA panel. Is it that the show is maxing out too soon, or the fact that the did not have the top two or three corps to pull their score up... or both?

Yeah, that has to be frustrating from a score standpoint. It would make you feel like you are spinning your wheels. Their score didn't go up much on Friday with a DCA panel. Is it that the show is maxing out too soon, or the fact that the did not have the top two or three corps to pull their score up... or both?

I'm sure we are maxing out too soon, just like Cabs, Bucs, Fusion, and Hurricanes all must be getting worse since their score went down in Secaucus from the Wayne show.

Yeah...that's it...that must be it...

Hey Frank Ponzo, you're getting worse each week...right? I'm sure by Rochester the winning score will be a 65.3.

OK, I feel better now. Back to your regularly scheduled postings.

Dan

• Like 1

I'm sure we are maxing out too soon, just like Cabs, Bucs, Fusion, and Hurricanes all must be getting worse since their score went down in Secaucus from the Wayne show.

Yeah...that's it...that must be it...

Hey Frank Ponzo, you're getting worse each week...right? I'm sure by Rochester the winning score will be a 65.3.

OK, I feel better now. Back to your regularly scheduled postings.

Dan

Sorry, didn't mean to strike a nerve... just a simple question. I am sure I was implying that you were getting worse... yeah, I believe that is how you should read my post... even though I never said that.

/sarcasm

I guess that answers my frustration question...

Yeah, bud, that answers your frustration question...not.

We were pleased with the 80 in the dome. Highest score we've ever gotten from a DCI panel. We are in a great place. The future of the drum corps has never been brighter. People down here are really excited about what we are doing, and other than some serious sun burn and some sore muscles, we couldn't be happier. Those of us that are still marching will just continue to do what we do. We'll let the blue shirts do their job when the time comes and see where the dust settles.

As always, best of luck to all. Keep pushing...keep getting better. See you all down the road.

Dan

Edited by Dan Detweiler
  • Like 2

i watched CV and Gold on the live feed. it seemed to me both had to adjust to the sound in there abit, then both shows settled down

Been a while since I've been on DCP, but I'll go ahead and throw out my annual disclaimer:

We at ALLIANCE have no idea who this mysterious "BOSMarcher" is and he (or she) in no way speaks for or represents our corps.

Over the years, we've unsuccessfully tried to invite this "fanboy" (or mole or whatever) to rehearsal multiple times, but they refuse to show their face or identify themselves. It annoys the crap out of us, too.

• Like 1