Dallas, GA

Actually John, this show is a new one, at least since I have been with the corps. Usually the Dome show is the cold run for us. Having this opportunity on Friday night beforehand was an added bonus this year. We actually got a little bit of ensemble time in before changing for the show. Not much, but it dusted off the cobwebs somewhat at least.

We were VERY impressed with the crowd last night. So very supportive and appreciative of our efforts. I was worried about Alliance possibly losing money on a three corps show (this was their home show). Hopefully the great turnout enabled them to at least break even on the night. Great night all around in my eyes anyway. These local shows are our best opportunities to recruit (best one being today in the Dome). Judging by the people lined up to take pictures with April (our witch), I would say it was pretty successful! Great to see old friends and meet some new as well.

Dan

We never make money on these shows because we donate 100% of gate and concessions to the host school's band booster program. We've been doing that since our first home show ever in 2007.

• Like 2

We never make money on these shows because we donate 100% of gate and concessions to the host school's band booster program. We've been doing that since our first home show ever in 2007.

Very cool Terry. Didn't know that. Learned something today. Hosting a show is no little task...especially financially. We really enjoyed the show last week. See you down the road.

Dan