7/28 Emerald CIty Music Games (Dublin OH)

Lots going on! And no, The Colts are not performing at Emerald CIty....

Location: Dublin Coffman HS, 6780 Coffman Rd. Dublin, OH 43017

Schedule: (Housing site)

Ticket Booth Opens: 3:30pm

Food Trucks and Fan-Fare begins at 4:30pm

Gates Open 5:30pm

Dublin Cornet Band 6:30pm

7:00pm National Anthem

7:15pm Vanguard Cadets (John Sells Middle School, 150 W. Bridge St. Dublin OH, 43017)

7:32pm Cascades (Willard Grizzell Middle School, 8705 Avery Rd. Dublin, OH 43017)

7:49pm Jersey Surf (Henry Karrer Middle School, 7245 Tyllymore Dr. Dublin, OH 43016)

8:06pm Pacific Crest (Walnut Ridge HS, 4841 E Livingston Ave. Columbus, OH 43227)

intermission

8:53pm Troopers (Ann SImpson Davis Middle School, 2400 Sutter Pkwy. Dublin, OH 43016)

9:10pm Blue Knights (Dublin Scioto HS, 4000 Hard Rd. Dublin, OH 43016)

9:27pm Madison Scouts (Dublin Jerome HS, 8300 Hyland-Croy Rd. Dublin, OH 43016)

9:44pm Vanguard (Dublin Coffman HS, 6780 Coffman Rd. Dublin, OH 43017)

Last year there was a joint encore with BK and SCV.

Food Trucks and Fan-Fare, what is this?

Live music from two groups, the Columbus Saints Drum and Bugle Corps (a soundsport group) and Watkins Memorial High School.

As well as food trucks serving all sorts of food, pizzas, tacos, pitas, cupcakes...

There are a fair amount of tickets available still. $30 are the premium seats, $23 for select, and $17 for value.

Current Weather.com prediction

70 degrees, 30% chance of rain when the ticket booth opens.

68 degrees, 20% chance of rain when the show begins.

63 degrees 10% chance of rain when the show ends.

img_1.png

Judges

GE1 F. Miller

GE2 J. Denton

VP B. Mascaro

VA J. Orefice

VCG M. Bowers

MB G. Boulden

MA P. Haines

MP R. Rodriguez

Some unofficial weather forecast interpretation, based on the local National Weather Service forecast...I think the weather looks fine for this show, if not a bit chilly or breezy. There's a 50% chance of showers between noon and 8 pm, with a peak in the rain chances probably around 4 or 5 pm. Any rain that does occur during that time will be short duration and light intensity, and very low to zero chance of thunder/lightning. If I was going to the show, I'd take along a light jacket but leave the rain gear in the car. There may be a wind issue for the color guards to deal with.

Hey! That's a great intro post for the show! Thanks Cleveland.

All the corps are in and bedded down. Not much happening yet as they catch up on sleep. I came home to shower.

I was out in shorts and a golf shirt at 4:30am and it was chilly. The sun is poking through and warming things up but, I can verify what Roy says about the "bring a jacket" part. Wind is not strong but feels so because of the temp. I've always heard that souvie people love cold weather because of the clothing sales but, as an old vet, I'd bring a sweatshirt.

The current Weather Channel bug says the rain chances are now 20% at 3:00 and at showtime. That fits with the last several day's of weather we've had.

We now officially have the highest pre-sale of tickets ever. I can state officially that the $17 seats are all sold, as are all the "center-center" and the "center-high" seats. But there's really not a bad seat in the house at Coffman stadium.

In addition to everything else, we're also running the DCI "Who Are You" survey at the show. If you're going, you'll see bright, green tablets moving throughout the crowd before and during the show. Maybe Kevin can snap a pic of one to post here.

Also, we have an outstanding announcement and presentation planned for INT that demonstrates how drum corps can pull together to help out a band program in need. It's a great, local story that (sadly) got lost in the OSU TBDBITL hullabuloo. Kevin, don't leave the stands at INT please (and PM me for the back-story). I understand Drum Corps World will have cameras and reporters, DCI is involved, and TV cameras.

Please keep your fingers crossed on the rain, and do a guy one, last favor by going to our Facebook page and repost, retweet, and help us the the word out now that the show is a GO! And it's DRY!

www.emeraldcitygames.org

(tomorrow, I rest)

• Like 1

Awesome Garfield! great to know all this info for tonight, including the Intermission stuffs.

Just one question, will it be another joint SCV and BK encore? or will it be just SCV (or just BK or another corps)

good show!! I'll say score wise it'll maybe be like this?

1) SCV 92.8

2) BK 89.0

3) Madison 86.4

4) Troop 81.7

5) Pac Crest 78.5

6) Surf 73.25

7) Cascades 71.5

Good luck with the show, Garfield.

When I lived in Columbus I went to your show twice, and they were two of the best run shows I've been to.

Hope you break attendance records!

• Like 1

If anyone would like to donate, the Watkins Memorial drumline that is performing tonight is trying to raise money for some new drums.

A former treasurer of the booster program is accused of stealing $67,000 while they have percussion equipment going on 12 years or even longer. This is where I attended high school 20 some years ago.

http://www.gofundme.com/WMDrumline

• Like 1

Awesome Garfield! great to know all this info for tonight, including the Intermission stuffs.

Just one question, will it be another joint SCV and BK encore? or will it be just SCV (or just BK or another corps)

My understanding is that SCV is doing the encore.

• Like 1