Distinctive Visual Displays Part Of Scout House Canadian Heroes Salute

Spectators at the 5th annual Scout House Invitational Tattoo field show on Saturday, August 9 will come face to face with Canadian heroes depicted in Dave Sophaâs 40-foot long Portraits of Honour, a 10 foot by 40 foot canvas oil painting which features the faces of Canadian troops killed in Afghanistan. His portraits and the […]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2014/07/distinctive-visual-displays-part-of-scout-house-canadian-heroes-salute/

What a beautiful way to open this Tattoo ,i spent 12 weeks in Saint John,New Brunswick /Canada in 2007 .While there i saw how the Canada people reacted very time another soldier was bought home from the war .Much with pride and so much sorrow , when they lost someone of there own ,it cuts so deep into everyone life .l have great friends in Canada and to this day we still talk at least twice maybe three times a month . l brought one of my friends down to Rochester to DCA preliums in 2007 .Didn't know anything of drum corps ,it was a 16hr, drive straight thur .There is no major highway from New Brunswick ,over to the Falls .The only and best way of going to Rochester is to enter the states at Calis in Maine ,then drive 295 -95 -to throught Maine ,Vermont ,New Hamshire.to the mass pike to the New York Thurway .And since my friend had just gotten off of work at midnight ,yours truely did all the driving ,We booked a room an hour south of Rochester got a shower ,a cat nap ,And headed to preliums after preliums back to the motel for some well deserved sleep .got up about 11,went out for breakfast checked out around 1 .And back in the car for another 16 hr drive .By the way my friend video about 3-4 hours from his camara ,had bought lots of batterys with him and what ever else he needed ..So after getting back home and i consider Saint John my second home ,we got a good night sleep a good home made breakfast and a day later watched the DCA all over again from the soffa with a good bottle or two of Long Island wines .A great memory of my time spent with my Canadain Freinds .Love Ya All .

One question i have thur all the years and the many Canadain drum corps many great names Junior & Senior ,which i wouldn't go into now has New Brunswick ever had a completive corps ?

Edited by Florida Sun
  • Like 1