Roughin' It at Rutgers

It does not feel right to say Rutgers and Big Ten country in the same sentence. :huh2:

It does not feel right to say Rutgers and Big Ten country in the same sentence. :huh2:

A lot of conference changes don't sound right. Maryland in the Big 10? Louisville in the ACC? No.

^ agreed - it is probably one of the most important shows all season in terms of competitive lineup

Coats/Crown/SCV/Cavaliers each need to close gap with those ahead of them

BD/Cadets showdown huge as they won't meet in Allentown on the same night - Cadets simply MUST get over the 95 mark at this stage if they are going to make a move on BD -- all their changes last night seemed to be well received with my friends at the show saying it was very much more emotionally connective and the ending was great. But will they get comfortable with those (very) enhanced tempos this quickly. Lincoln sections now at 200 bpm, ballad AND closer all speeding along much faster - feet can be rough in these situations... and BD is SO good.

Crown is a dark horse in that they have such incredible talent in the corps - can they make a move? I think they will but time will tell!

And Cavaliers are obviously improving a great deal this season over last - can they make a move closer toward the top group?

And then there's Bluecoats - the crowd and emotional favorite in many ways - how clean will they get those feet?

To challenge Bluecoats have got to get that BD gap down to a manageable number - say under 1 point - going into finals weeks

Can they take a couple captions? Percussion is a good bet. How about GE or guard - they've been very competitive in both...

Bluecoats winning this year would be a dream. Back to back 1st time DCI Champions? It would be a very big benefit to the activity IMO - plus the two "crowd favorites" winning back to back, another plus.

Plus just as a spectator tonight I'm really just looking forward to enjoying the shows. Each so different - but great in their own ways. No Indy or East for me this year due to other obligations so this is "my finals" -- hoping to really enjoy myself!

I'll try and text a little from the stadium as things progress - just impressions on each

George.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

My guess for tonight's scores:

Blue Devils 96.15

Cadets 95.35

Bluecoats 94.25

Crown 93.60

SCV 93.25

Cavaliers 92.75

Phantom Regiment 88.65

Maybe reversing Crown and SCV's positions, but the numbers and spreads look about right. If Cavaliers can pop a number tonight that puts them within a point of the 4 and 5 corps, it puts them in a position to turn that into a three-corps race for 4th, which would be a pretty stunning turnaround, considering where they were a year ago.

Edited by Slingerland

Maybe reversing Crown and SCV's positions, but the numbers and spreads look about right. If Cavaliers can pop a number tonight that puts them within a point of the 4 and 5 corps, it puts them in a position to turn that into a three-corps race for 4th, which would be a pretty stunning turnaround, considering where they were a year ago.

totally agree - I wouldn't be surprised to see Cavaliers make a remarkable move in the next week. I still don't think a medal is out of the question for the green team. The corps in front of them each have a "weakness" (if one can say that at this level) - they've got to close the percussion gap with SCV and the brass gap (or percussion lead) with Crown - they could sneak by

I think it's more likely that Bloo would pop ahead of Cadets than Cavaliers ahead of either SCV or Crown.

I emotionally agree, but the scoring gaps suggest otherwise. Cadets nearly 1 pointed Bluecoats last night - and they had a somewhat rough run. Today's rehearsal time might open things up further as their changes settle in. And then they have all day tomorrow - 16 hour day planned. And I realize the Bluecoats will be rehearsing also :) -- just Cadets are so experienced in these situations. All that said - I'm pulling for Bluecoats. Feet feet feet is the key.

I think it's more likely that Bloo would pop ahead of Cadets than Cavaliers ahead of either SCV or Crown.

Prediction 1,001 (not solely from Lincoln) since the season started that "Bluecoats will pass Cadets tonight". Like a broken record.

• Like 1

Prediction 1,001 (not solely from Lincoln) since the season started that "Bluecoats will pass Cadets tonight". Like a broken record.

If it does somehow happen, are you sure your stomach will be able to digest all that crow? :smile:

• Like 2