BAC G7 Set

So it's not a show about a Bingo Game with animals?

Next year, they'll do a drum corps version of David Lindsay-Abaire's Tony Award-winning play Good People, which is after all set in Boston, and in which a bingo parlor features prominently. The last set will be G-53. And Boston will be the first corps to incorporate smells into their show...

"...that's Creamy Drippy, that's Smells Like Ammonia, that's Body Odor, that's Close To Cheddar But Not As Good, that one is Moldy Basement..."

I would think that it would be incumbent upon a staff to point out and explain as much as possible regarding its show to the members. Otherwise, how can one expect a group of musicians to convey (communicate) a message to the audience when they (the members) aren't even aware of what the message is? I mean, it's not like a staff can tell the kids "Just march and play the music. The audience will know what you're talking about."

Haha, you just said the opposite of what I said! It's all good. I'm sure that the members got an abridged version of the concept that is sufficient for them to convey the message at that moment, but I am equally sure that they don't know all the details of the design.

Haha, you just said the opposite of what I said! It's all good. I'm sure that the members got an abridged version of the concept that is sufficient for them to convey the message at that moment, but I am equally sure that they don't know all the details of the design.

Yep, Jeff. Guess we're going to disagree ONCE in a while, huh? All's good. :silly:

you would be surprised how many DO NOT know anything about the G7 thing...and thats not just members...or how many are over it and have moved on. The G7 thing is and even was far less intense among members, and staff and even those who do not indulge in social media. Very different.

No I'm not debating this. For those who need to have a ball...lol ( not you Jeff, just a statement )

Haha, no worries!

What I DO find interesting then, is that at the few shows that I've been to this year, people do know about the G7 thing. Now those shows were in Ca and Wisconsin. Maybe they're more knowledgeable? The two of the three ladies I sat by in LaCrosse asked why Boston made a G7 set, so they didn't know, but the guy in front of me, who posts here, did. The ladies hadn't read animal farm though, so that whole show was lost for them.

I guess what you've said makes sense when a lot of the activity cycles through over a period of several years and isn't really involved in the social culture of DCI corps. Makes sense. I guess I'm glad that it has calmed down.

Yep, Jeff. Guess we're going to disagree ONCE in a while, huh? All's good. :silly:

I actually like the idea of director's letting the students in on ALL the design elements that they can; nothing helps learning like being a part of the process!

• Like 1

I actually like the idea of director's letting the students in on ALL the design elements that they can; nothing helps learning like being a part of the process!

hmmmmmm..well if you mean explaining the program , with reference, study, etc etc..thats cool and some do this

Haha, no worries!

What I DO find interesting then, is that at the few shows that I've been to this year, people do know about the G7 thing. Now those shows were in Ca and Wisconsin. Maybe they're more knowledgeable? The two of the three ladies I sat by in LaCrosse asked why Boston made a G7 set, so they didn't know, but the guy in front of me, who posts here, did. The ladies hadn't read animal farm though, so that whole show was lost for them.

I guess what you've said makes sense when a lot of the activity cycles through over a period of several years and isn't really involved in the social culture of DCI corps. Makes sense. I guess I'm glad that it has calmed down.

someone here for sure would know. there are still some who every chance they get, need something to talk about, fit it into their commentary....lol...Forget? no, move on, for sure..

With animal farm or any theme. For me I look beyond the theme sometimes. If a corps can still entertain, whatever that means to each person, plays well, excites one way or another , visually intrigues, thats the main part. It's 11.5 min , not a movie or a book which takes much longer to send the message. I enjoy most themes, like to think, sometimes not, BUT if a corps can do all the other things...success!

We have become a society of all inclusive, I gotta know everything, I need to be up to the minute, Im entitled, I need to know, and for sure that entertains some people and maybe even make some feel important but for me it's a false sense of self IMO.

For me , I dont need to know everything when watching...just freakin do something to make me smile, cry,stand,think, or whatever...lol

There are also many designers, not saying in this case BUT knowing 1 it could very well be..lol...that just stick something out there just to be talked about, not a big statement but let the joe public run with it , it happens all the time. Now this might anger some thinking Im saying they could be manipulated into doing just what a designer wants BUT dont be ( for those who are offended by this ) it happens all the time to all of us , every day either by advertising, government, or social pressure..nothing new.

Well, you know, there IS a certain visual resemblance ...

Red_hammer_and_sickle.pngHammer%2B%26%2BSickle.png

Woah that's really cool.