BAC G7 Set

Well, you know, there IS a certain visual resemblance ...

Nice. And of course, Boston has a hammer-and-sickle form early in their show. Between the BAC and the rotating windmill, as I recall.

hmmmmmm..well if you mean explaining the program , with reference, study, etc etc..thats cool and some do this

Well, I think they'd like a little behind the scenes stuff too, but it's kinda hard to have that many people around to listen to some of the stuff that is gone through.

someone here for sure would know. there are still some who every chance they get, need something to talk about, fit it into their commentary....lol...Forget? no, move on, for sure..

With animal farm or any theme. For me I look beyond the theme sometimes. If a corps can still entertain, whatever that means to each person, plays well, excites one way or another , visually intrigues, thats the main part. It's 11.5 min , not a movie or a book which takes much longer to send the message. I enjoy most themes, like to think, sometimes not, BUT if a corps can do all the other things...success!

We have become a society of all inclusive, I gotta know everything, I need to be up to the minute, Im entitled, I need to know, and for sure that entertains some people and maybe even make some feel important but for me it's a false sense of self IMO.

For me , I dont need to know everything when watching...just freakin do something to make me smile, cry,stand,think, or whatever...lol

There are also many designers, not saying in this case BUT knowing 1 it could very well be..lol...that just stick something out there just to be talked about, not a big statement but let the joe public run with it , it happens all the time. Now this might anger some thinking Im saying they could be manipulated into doing just what a designer wants BUT dont be ( for those who are offended by this ) it happens all the time to all of us , every day either by advertising, government, or social pressure..nothing new.

Totally agree. I'm not immune from being manipulated either, but I'm not always oblivious that it's happening. Happens here a bit too, but it is what it is...

Well, I think they'd like a little behind the scenes stuff too, but it's kinda hard to have that many people around to listen to some of the stuff that is gone through.

for sure. and its not like all staff sit together and put every step down. Often, its only key staff and even that it's not a face to face process. Members barley get together themselves until move in's and then it's full speed ahead.

If a corps is asking it's members to buy into something YES it is important to give education on that subject. even explaining why or what we mean as far as the message also can be very helpful

Totally agree. I'm not immune from being manipulated either, but I'm not always oblivious that it's happening. Happens here a bit too, but it is what it is...

it happens more often in our activity than people think..happens alot in WGI..I got some classic George Z. stories on shows done that were pretty much BS and the public bought it hook , line and sinker. It entertained him quite a bit

I dont think it was a direct , let me fool. BUT let me convince through my product.

Am I in the minority in thinking the set is childish and has no place in the show and shows a severe lack of maturity from the design staff?

• Like 1

for sure. and its not like all staff sit together and put every step down. Often, its only key staff and even that it's not a face to face process. Members barley get together themselves until move in's and then it's full speed ahead.

If a corps is asking it's members to buy into something YES it is important to give education on that subject. even explaining why or what we mean as far as the message also can be very helpful

That being said, What kind of explanation do you think that the director/staff at Boston are giving the kids about the whole situation? I've opined about it and been disagreed with about it a little.

Am I in the minority in thinking the set is childish and has no place in the show and shows a severe lack of maturity from the design staff?

To answer your question, yes. I think most people are applauding BAC for being bold and calling it out. Even if most of the audience may not understand.

No. I'm with you even if the chart appeals to my more base instincts about what happened. I think it has no place in any show. Ever.

If DCI starts airing all of its dirty laundry, it's doomed. There are just too many skeletons.

And all of the directors have a higher purpose to keep the activity congealed with strength in numbers. Not split on old wounds.

Fun show. Inappropriate, IMO.

EDIT: Sorry, frachel. I answered "Am I the only one...". I do think we're in the minority.

As adults in a schoolyard of bullies, maybe, but a minority still.

Edited by garfield

That being said, What kind of explanation do you think that the director/staff at Boston are giving the kids about the whole situation? I've opined about it and been disagreed with about it a little.

well I would never speak for any director BUT ( just a thought ) they may just be explaining the whole some are more equal than others and could be using it as a driving force to move them forward to become MORE EQUAL. Many will disagree, some wont Im sure. Some will think I mean selling out and BC would neverrrrrr do that. BUT it's no secret that all corps are working to that top spot and looking to have a little more equality..arent they :yin-yang:

personally I dont think the set was needed, but it does fuel a few.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1