Quincy Pre-Mortem (7/31)

Sorry...couldn't resist getting in the pun (Jack Klugman fans will know what I'm talking about) Anyway...

Just checked the DCI schedule. It appears that Troopers will follow Crossmen at tonight's show. Is this certain? And if so, how much effect could it have on tightening the race for 12th even more?

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 2

Troop really needs to tighten the gap to keep this race interesting. I understand the scores are even now. Troop going on after will keep this exciting.

Troop really needs to tighten the gap to keep this race interesting. I understand the scores are even now. Troop going on after will keep this exciting.

I fully agree, bear. It's just that with everything I read it seems that most are having very little regard for Troop's chances, especially when comparing the visual aspects/scores of the two shows. Even though both groups are nearly even in total show score, most are declaring a Crossmen "lock" on the last finals spot.

Keep the faith, Sir. Keep the faith.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 2

I fully agree, bear. It's just that with everything I read it seems that most are having very little regard for Troop's chances, especially when comparing the visual aspects/scores of the two shows.

There's a good reason for that: Crossmen are visually cleaner than Troopers, or at least have been until this point, with a visual package that I would argue is less complex and exposed than the Troopers' design -- and with a guard that has scored consistently better. Musically, they'are about as even as can be. If Troop can keep cleaning and getting those last precious few degrees of precision on the visual, their show could pop.

It's always that last 0.2 percent that's the hardest.

Presumably it's a reference to this TV show:

Ummm, what does this thread name mean?

220px-Quincy_ME.jpg
Title card
Format Drama Created by Glen A. Larson

Lou Shaw Starring Jack Klugman

Garry Walberg

John S. Ragin

Val Bisoglio

Robert Ito

Joseph Roman Country of origin United States No. of seasons 8 (1st season extended into 60 min format) No. of episodes 148 (List of episodes) Production Running time 60 to 90 minutes

60 minutes (syndication) Production company(s) Glen A. Larson Productions

Universal Television Broadcast Original channel NBC Picture format 35mm film

4:3 aspect ratio Original run October 3, 1976 – September 4, 1983