Someone from Reddit created a BK Soccer-style logo!

And the result looks freakin amazing! I really wish I had graphic design skills up to that level.

Kudos to this guy--perhaps he's on here? Would love to see something similar done for all corps.

UPDATE: According to the comments in his reddit thread, it looks like he is working on one for each corps and will be released at the same time!

http://www.reddit.com/r/dci/comments/2akg14/i_designed_a_blue_knights_soccer_logo_hope_you/

V0P00xPl.png

Edited by NeutralNovice
  • Like 1

Can a BK historian explain the significance of the dates? I'm assuming 1958 is their founding. What about 1993?

The start of Blue Knights Percussion Ensemble.

In the last decade, the Blue Knights have enjoyed success on the competitive field. Since 1991, the corps has consistently placed in finals, having placed as high as 6th at DCI Finals in 2000. Another key achievement for the Blue Knights organization in the 1990s was its leadership role in creating the most successful percussion ensemble program in the country.

Continuing the corps’ longstanding focus on the percussive arts, the two Blue Knights Percussion Ensembles have developed into respected performance groups both locally and internationally since their inception in 1993. The program’s initial purpose was to train local talent for possible future membership in the Blue Knights. As the corps continued to improve, so did the talent level of those who were accepted for membership, especially in the area of percussion. Each year, more highly qualified drummers and keyboardists came to the corps from outside the Denver area, and local talent was being turned away. Answering the need to have a means for involving these local percussionists, the Percussion Ensemble program was launched, and since that time the integration of this organization with the competitive drum corps has been impressive. Today, more than 50% of the percussionists marching in the corps have been members of the Percussion Ensemble program. Students from 23 Denver-area high schools and colleges participate.

The Blue Knights were the driving force in the establishment of the Rocky Mountain Percussion Association in 1994. The Blue Knights World Percussion Ensemble has won 4 world championship titles at the Winter Guard International World Championships in Dayton, Ohio.

http://www.bknights.org/about/BlueKnights.asp