Do you think that DCI should "LIMIT" the amount of years, A ju

I have been going to some DCI shows this summer. The corps are getting BETTER and BETTER each year. However, i would say, that beside BLUE DEVILS who are awesome, there are 6-7 corps than are VERY, VERY GOOD. I am wondering if DCI Limited Judges for NO LONGER than 10 years, would there be a BETTER CHANCE for Corps to UPSET the TRADITIONAL Strong holds?

I see judges out there for more than 15 years, and yes granted: They usually pick the right winner, but is there a bigger opportunity for ALL the CORPS if they get NEW BLOOD in the ranks of DCI JUDGING?

Thoughts/

MrBud

• Like 1

I like waffles.

• Like 4

Changing judges won't stop corps like BD and Cadets from being consistently good at what they do. Presumably any new judges who come in will still be able to recognize quality.

If you want more corps who are consistently placing 8th-15th to move up to the top, then the thing to do is find out what those corps' directors need in the way of resources in order to start pushing up their performance and design levels.

• Like 9

Changing judges won't stop corps like BD and Cadets from being consistently good at what they do. Presumably any new judges who come in will still be able to recognize quality.

If you want more corps who are consistently placing 8th-15th to move up to the top, then the thing to do is find out what those corps' directors need in the way of resources in order to start pushing up their performance and design levels.

Bingo. This post is spot-on.

I'd like to see some sort of the marching band inbreed- incest, conflicting interest chart of follow the money of judges superimposed onto drum corps staff, other judging circuits and related companies

just for fun

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 1

I'd like to see some sort of the marching band inbreed- incest, conflicting interest chart of follow the money of band programs superimposed onto drum corps staff, other judging circuits and related companies

just for fun

That would be kind of fun. I think you'd find it a lot simpler than the chaos and anarchy you'd see if you did the same chart for amateur and professional sports. That chart would be bananas.

I am weary of all this "blaming" of judges or DCI for the dominance of BD and Cadets. These corps dominate because they are consistently the very best in performance, design and organizational abilities.

If the other corps could match these qualities, I guarantee the judges, old or new, would reward them accordingly.

• Like 3

Is this not basically the same post from yesterday that was closed, and for good reason? I anticipate the same happening here, soon.

I like waffles.

I've been waiting for a chance to use that one this year. Poop!