How to be a good fan

Don't diss other corps. Most people in the corps have marched several different corps. Stay up beat and smile and appreciate the spirit and passion of every corps member. That said, speculate in a mature way.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Being a good fan is appreciating every program for what it is, a lot of hard work to put it on the field. Neither my son nor I ever marched drum corps, but we are avid fans. A good friend of mine introduced me to drum corps in the 50's and I've been going ever since. Annual visitors to the mecca of drum corps as my sone refers to it as(Allentown), have introduced many people to drum corps and hooked some (my daughter in law the latest!), and NEVER miss an opportunity to tell a corps member how great their performance was. I love talking to these kids who spend so much time doing what they love so that I can attend several times every summer and be amazed at what they do.

• Like 1

l was reading write -ups on the Sunrisers face book page ,as a alumi of the corps I got choked up reading the passion theses kids have for there corps ,I know Sunrisers are coming back into there own,And theses kids will give 180% to make it happen ,you can see it in everyone of them .There feelings for the corps ,the friends there making that will last a life time ,the pride they show in The name of the corps .How much respect for what there learning ,l don't think there's a kid on Long Island after reading the statemens from the members would not want to be part of this group .Wishing Sun a great year ahead ,shoot for the stars and grab. the Sun