2015 Predictions

Did you get the memo?....lol

You need ask?? :ninja:

• Like 1

1. Cadets

2. BD

3.Crown

Has anyone watched the BD show, it's awful, they perform it well but BD needs to look at their design team at some point. I have been a fan of BD since the 70's but a string of bad shows lately has turned me away from cheering for them.

Yeah I'm sure bd has design team problems. What an awful design that got the highest score ever and had several undefeated seasons</sarcasm> Edited by BlueStainGlass

BD's show wasn't the best show last year, they just executed the #### out of it, great corp for sure. Looking back to 2013, that was easily the most talented corp that year and actually executed better than Crown, that show was a failure from the beginning, nobody got it, judges, fans, anyone. The Rite is one of my favorite works, love that piece. BD would have been better off playing the orchestral piece and leaving the jazz out of it. And don't get me started on the Bert Backerak year....lol.

My 7/3/2015 Prediction/Wish list for Finals:

1. Cadets - This show has the perfect blend of technical and rigor to win the gold. Hands down they have the best drill and the 1 or 2 most musically demanding books of all the top 5 this year. I firmly believe the show has a lot of cleaning needs and some things that need to be changed between now and August, but all in all will be top 2 for sure.
  1. Crown - I know most folks won't agree with putting them in second, but based on the crowd reaction I saw in Allentown this show once tweaked and with a new ending will be the fan favorite of the year. The crowd and I gave them a standing ovation at least 5 times during the show, which virtually never happens :wow:. The colorguard and musicality in this show is unreal. Kudos to the percussion improvements.
  1. Santa Clara Vanguard- I think they will rank top three based on their shows design, and demand regardless of who will receives the gold. Their staff is very talented and ready to give the 4th place honor to someone else.
  1. Blue Devils - I think this show is more vulnerable than most drum corps fans would like to admit. With that said, yes it is currently scoring higher than the others, but I think that is what will fuel the others to throw the kitchen sink at their show design modifications to defeat them. I also predict they will not move into 4th place until the last week of finals.
  1. Bluecoats - This is one of the best shows of the year from a general effect perspective. One could even argue it’s the most cohesive at this point in the season. However, the other top 4 corps appear to have more demand musically in my humble opinion. This is not to say that the Bluecoats don't sound amazing, but there music book based on my observation and from speaking with a band director does not have the same rigor as the other 4.

Caption Predictions:

· General Effect Music- Blue Devils

· General Effect Visual- Bluecoats

· Visual Proficiency- Blue Devils

· Visual Analysis- Santa Clara Vanguard

· Colorguard- Crown

· Brass- Crown

· Percussion- Cadets

· Music- Cadets

I’m pretty sure my prediction will continue to evolve as the season continues and I wish all the top 5 corps the best as they are all worthy of the gold and have spectacular shows. :cool:

• Like 2

BD's show wasn't the best show last year, they just executed the #### out of it, great corp for sure. Looking back to 2013, that was easily the most talented corp that year and actually executed better than Crown, that show was a failure from the beginning, nobody got it, judges, fans, anyone. The Rite is one of my favorite works, love that piece. BD would have been better off playing the orchestral piece and leaving the jazz out of it. And don't get me started on the Bert Backerak year....lol.

What was the best show last year then?

• Blue Devils - I think this show is more vulnerable than most drum corps fans would like to admit. With that said, yes it is currently scoring higher than the others, but I think that is what will fuel the others to throw the kitchen sink at their show design modifications to defeat them. I also predict they will not move into 4th place until the last week of finals.

BD in 4th place would surely cause a rip in the time-space continuum of cosmic proportions.

Edited by corpsband

1st: Blue Devils

2nd: SCV

2nd: Bluecoats

4th: The Cadets

5th: Carolina Crown

6th: The Cavaliers

7th: Blue knights

8th: Phantom Regiment

9th: Blue Stars

10th: Crossmen

11th: Boston Crusaders

12th: Madison Scouts

• Like 1

What was the best show last year then?

I had a lot of favorite shows last year and I was honestly bored with the blue devils show.

Tilt, since the bluecoats started to perform tilt after my high school performed tilted at grand nationals the year before, as you can see in my profile picture.

and for the fact that it is a great show.

Out of this world - I dont know why so many people hate on this show, I loved the concept and the music was the best

BD in 4th place would surely cause a rip in the time-space continuum of cosmic proportions.

20120811aholeinthespacetimecontinuum.jpg