2015 Predictions

They chose not to participate in the G7 shows this past summer. They were asked, but declined.

It refers to the "Top 7" from a few years ago. They were calling it a "tour of champions" but I would think you'd have to have a championship under your belt first, and not all in the G7 do.

I totally agree with your point regarding championships. However, it must also be remembered that the "tour of champions" was a moniker in name only -- the corps involved in the group were described (either by they themselves, or by others) as being "the most recently successful World Class Corps." (this is taken from an article in Drum Corps World in 2010). I think it might be more closely described as being the self-proclaimed movers and shakers in the activity. If I am incorrect on this, please correct me -- I do not wish to be passing on errant information.

I totally agree with your point regarding championships. However, it must also be remembered that the "tour of champions" was a moniker in name only -- the corps involved in the group were described (either by they themselves, or by others) as being "the most recently successful World Class Corps." (this is taken from an article in Drum Corps World in 2010). I think it might be more closely described as being the self-proclaimed movers and shakers in the activity. If I am incorrect on this, please correct me -- I do not wish to be passing on errant information.

I suggest you go back and read the numerous threads regarding the g7, their attempt of a coupe of DCI, etc.. etc.. etc..

I suggest you go back and read the numerous threads regarding the g7, their attempt of a coupe of DCI, etc.. etc.. etc..

I'm well aware of the thread(s) you are referring to. I have read them -- completely -- numerous times, as well as the original G7 power point presentation, and the Troopers response. I was just attempting to answer tesmusic's post in as short and clear a way possible. I'm sorry if I was in error.

Edited by HornTeacher

Crossmen ; Markworth : 2014 design staff intact

Edited by xbones7480

Actually, the original tour of champions 2004 event that went to California did feature 6 previous champions....

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=b4f553db-0922-45c4-98ea-6f7d1a9fd7e4

11_10_2003_tocposter2.jpg

For the first time in DCI history, drum corps fans in the West can experience the world’s best drum corps at the absolute peak of their season! ^Drum Corps International is excited to announce “TOUR OF CHAMPIONS-2004,” an unprecedented celebration of drum corps scheduled for August 9-14, the week following the 2004 Drum Corps International Championships in Denver!

Featuring SIX Drum Corps International champions, The Blue Devils, The Cadets, Santa Clara Vanguard, The Cavaliers, Madison Scouts and Phantom Regiment, TOUR OF CHAMPIONS begins in Southern California with two days of top-caliber clinics and spectacular field performances. The tour then moves north to the San Francisco Bay Area with an additional field performance and a history-making theatre presentation.

Make no mistake -- this is not your run-of-the-mill drum corps tour! Produced in world-class facilities, each field event will feature all six corps’ full competitive programs refined to their maximum potential, PLUS special encore presentations, unique massed-corps performances and a custom-crafted competitive system never before used by Drum Corps International!

Why not extend your visit to the West after the Drum Corps International Championships in Denver? Continue the fun by joining the fans in California for this once-in-a-lifetime drum corps feast! Tickets go on sale early in the new year, so keep your eyes on DCI.org for drum corps at its best!

Edit... ...and from the video I have, the corps weren't actually at their peak as far as being clean. I think they kinda were at their peak the week before at Championships, but the ToC extra stuff was where they spent a good bit of their time in California... Well that and travel.

People who did that should comment on that as this was NOT competitive, and there seemed to be a good bit of comradery. Amazing what can happen when you're not competing...

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Here's mine:

1. Blue Devils

2. SCV

3. Bluecoats

4. Crown

5. Cadets

6. Madison Scouts

7. Cavaliers

8. Boston

9. Blue Knights

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Colts

12. Troopers

Just going top 12 for now. Looking forward to hearing from the individuals that like to trash my posts in other threads chime in.

i dont trash you in other threads but how about Stars going from 9th out of finals? Is this a Wisconsin person on the thought that there can only be one WI corps?

I don't really have an idea about all of the corps, but I can make a guess about first. I believe(more recently) the Blue Devils work in cycles. Take 08-10 for example:

08- Very demanding show, comes up short.

09- less demanding, more accessible, and the corps dominates all season.

10- Extremely demanding, but achievable due to the immense talent drawn in from 09.

I think 15 is the end of another type of "cycle"

13- Demanding show, came up short.

14- Less demand, but no one else came close in execution.

So for this next season, I think the Blue Devils are going to draw in a ton of fresh talent coming off of an undefeated, record-setting season. I think they will do something incredibly demanding, and perhaps edgy in design, that will be like another 2010. You may not like it, but you can't deny it.

1. Blue Devils

i dont trash you in other threads but how about Stars going from 9th out of finals? Is this a Wisconsin person on the thought that there can only be one WI corps?

Nope, I'm not from Wisconsin. I also was not impressed with Blue Stars this year and was shocked they were as high as they were.

• Like 1

Nope, I'm not from Wisconsin. I also was not impressed with Blue Stars this year and was shocked they were as high as they were.

:muahaha:

Their colorguard pushed them pretty high up. But they were pretty impressive to me. It was evident that the corps was at a different level than the Scouts.

• Like 4