Staff merrigoround

I wouldn't be surprised for design staff changes with Spirit of Atlanta and Madison Scouts. Both of those shows were less than stellar design.

I know this was a big topic last year but Crown really needs to do something in percussion. 7th place this year and have been by far the weakest caption for the last couple of years.

I know this was a big topic last year but Crown really needs to do something in percussion. 7th place this year and have been by far the weakest caption for the last couple of years.

If Crown wants to improve their percussion, the first thing they need to do before dumping a single staff member is to change the way their drums are tuned. Compared to other corps, they tune their drums in order to sound dry and plasticky.
  • Like 4

If Crown wants to improve their percussion, the first thing they need to do before dumping a single staff member is to change the way their drums are tuned. Compared to other corps, they tune their drums in order to sound dry and plasticky.

I don't disagree with you but tuning is usually a signature of the staff member involved.

Crown has talent but the combination of tuning and the arranging are what prevent them from standing out. I know Thom Hannum and Andrew Markworth are doing the arranging but their stuff just doesn't speak to me in the context of Crown's show style for some reason. They are great at what they do but it might just be one of those things that just doesn't blend well.

• Like 2