Staff merrigoround

They still won't get the "highest level of recruits" in percussion. Those guys will continue to go where the innovating, new-school percussion guys are. But the new Crown percussion staff should be able to take a step forward with the recruits they have now, who really underachieved the last few years. If Tom is there full time, awesome. The real story will be told by who he brings in for his team, and if they change directions in terms of percussion design.

uh - they will get some great recruits with the techs that will be there as well... trust me - you'll see a big leap this coming season from Crown percussion

• Like 1

uh - they will get some great recruits with the techs that will be there as well... trust me - you'll see a big leap this coming season from Crown percussion

I love Crown , but I'm not holding my breath on the percussion. Besides, the hornline will not disappoint even if percussion isn't on the same level as the brass.

Travis who and why? Don't see a mention in the announcement of Tom Aungst or on Crown's faculty listing as of five minutes ago.

I doubt a kid is going to decide to march in a line because of a tech. Caption head sure, designer,sure, but a tech? Not most of the time, IMO.

I doubt a kid is going to decide to march in a line because of a tech. Caption head sure, designer,sure, but a tech? Not most of the time, IMO.

Yeah, I've had plenty of former students follow me to other places I've taught, where I was just a tech and not a caption head. This is extremely common in percussion.

TubaJon,

If he were feeling better, I bet you would have gotten quite a retort about:" And finally, just the fact that he has Dr in front of his name kinda annoys me. But that is just a petty thing lol" from Dr. David Kampshoerer, you know one of those legacies of Blue Stars and DCI history, HoF, etc., etc.

There are quite a few of us in the activity. most having well earned the title with their extra time, work, and sweat let alone dedication. And music and music performance aren't the only fields of study which have made/do make significant contributions to the activity.

Yeah I think you are looking way too far into my post brother. No disrespect. I thought the admition of me calling myself petty with the "lol" implied my level of seriousness about that comment.